The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 21, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Hundy

CCI small pistol primers #500 found

Hey I am posting this to help all my brothers out there. I have been looking for small pistol primers for months, and from past post here, I know I am not the only one. Basspro.com has them available right now. I check everyday, and this is the first time I have ever seen them on there.
Good Luck, I just order 7 boxes for a total of 700.
Old March 21, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2
ScottRiqui

And three hours later, they're still available. Also, as Hundy pointed out when I asked him, Bass Pro will ship these for free to your nearest Bass Pro shop for pickup, so no shipping or HAZMAT charges, as long as you have a BP store nearby.
Old March 21, 2013, 06:42 PM   #3
lll Otto lll

$40 a thousand? I'll pass. The assault weapons ban is dead, the crisis is over, just sit back and wait for supplies to return to normal.
Old March 21, 2013, 06:45 PM   #4
m&p45acp10+1

I picked up a 1K brick this weekend at a Cabella's for I think it was $35.99 or close to that. That was an off the shelf price, and I am low on small pistol primers so I picked them up. Hope they last till some manage to stay on the shelves for longer than a few minutes.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:25 PM   #5
ScottRiqui

Quote:
$40 a thousand? I'll pass.
I passed too, but honestly, that's only about $8 per thousand more than they usually go for around here, so if I had been low on SPP, I'd have probably gotten some.
Old March 22, 2013, 08:20 AM   #6
balderclev

All out of stock at BP now
Old March 22, 2013, 10:24 AM   #7
BumbleBug

Code:
$40 a thousand? I'll pass.
I was in a hurt for std large rifle primers, so I paid $50 for a brick of Win's at the last gun show. Not even my favorite brand!

It came down to shoot or wait; I like to shoot....
Old March 22, 2013, 10:28 AM   #8
eldermike

I sign up for notifications at Midway, they are holding prices but you have to buy within minutes of product notification. I got 4K std pistol primers along with some other stuff but 10 minutes later when I decided to increase my order they were all gone. (but i did get my 4K order)
Old March 22, 2013, 11:06 AM   #9
grizmt

Quote:
I was in a hurt for std large rifle primers, so I paid $50 for a brick of Win's at the last gun show. Not even my favorite brand!

It came down to shoot or wait; I like to shoot....
Don't feel bad, I paid (grinding teeth) $80 for a brick of large pistol last weekend at our gun show.
I wanted 'em now (no patience) so I can get started learning how to reload, will only do that one time if I have any choice in the matter.
Old March 22, 2013, 11:09 AM   #10
ScottRiqui

Quote:
I wanted 'em now (no patience) so I can get started learning how to reload, will only do that one time if I have any choice in the matter.
Don't feel too bad - you can look at it as "I paid a 200% markup on primers", or "I spent an extra $50, which is NOTHING compared to what I'm going to spend on components over the next few years."