The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 19, 2014, 06:29 PM   #26
4V50 Gary
Staff

Forgot the name, but there are pants that have an extended pocket.
Old July 19, 2014, 08:01 PM   #27
jmr40

Been thinking about one of these for myself. I met a guy using one a while back and he was pleased. Anyone else try one. I know several LE officers that wear the 5.11 T-shirts under body armor that have a pocket in the same place. Don't want to wear a T-shirt all the time and this looks promising.

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/index.p...d=52&Itemid=25
Old July 19, 2014, 08:53 PM   #28
bamaranger

untuck

If you are able, no dress code, outside, summer, etc....why not just untuck, and consider an IWB holster as well. That is not comfortable w/ some folks I admit.

But, an "arborist" outside, lawns, parks, etc...... Who cares if your shirts not tucked. Some attention to holster and how you carry and handle yourself, and I'd think you'd be fine. I manage 4-5" barreled autos in OWB holsters like the Glock sport and untucked "fishing shirts/river shirts" and khaki's until it gets REALLY hot here, then resort to pocket carry with a smaller gun when it is just stinkin' hot. I also do a sleeveless tee and an open river shirt too, but that is a bit sloppy for business casual. Would a mild colored Hawaiian work now and again too?

Before I got fat as a pig, I managed a Colt Commander IWB for years in a "Summer Special" sort of IWB. river shirts and Hawaiian's.
Old July 19, 2014, 09:40 PM   #29
5whiskey

I've been trying out the Remora for the past week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I T&E'd a Supertuck last year and hated it. I'm liking the Remora so far, although I don't tuck with it everyday.
Old July 20, 2014, 10:48 PM   #30
JimDandy

You could also try a shoulder holster underneath a Browning Black label shirt. They're designed for CC and shoulder holsters by replacing the center buttons with false buttons and rare earth magnets so you just reach in.
Old July 21, 2014, 08:34 AM   #31
Skans

I don't know about the OP, but wearing shirts "untucked" is not something I can do at work. Even when wearing leisure clothing, I typically tuck in my shirt.

I have two pocket holsters - one is a DeSantis and the other is the leather wallet style, as shown in a previous post. Both are "ok", but not terrific. I too am always looking for better ways to carry. Ankle carry is out of the question.
Old July 23, 2014, 04:38 PM   #32
Unlicensed Dremel

SmartCarry - no question. Be doin it for years. It's my summer / late spring / early fall only option (unless I want to look ridiculous in 90 degree heat wearing a covering garment). Only good option anyway, that is actually practical.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

Currently running an M&P Shield in 9x19 in it.

Asked & answered, judge. However, caveat: This works well for skinny & average guys because we can suck in the gut and it makes an "opening" to reach in behind the belt and pull out the pistol quickly. But it may not work as well (or at all), if you are on the rotund side (not sure).
Old July 23, 2014, 04:42 PM   #33
DelawareDevil

A full sized semi is bigger than I'd want to carry anywhere but on the belt, BUT. You-all got me to thinking, what about that mans new accessory known as the Man Purse, murse for short or maybe MP. Could get 6 or 7 and color coordinate every day. Besides the gun, Have plenty of room for cell phones, keys, wallet and the like. The ones I'm thinking of, some call fanny packs.
Don't laugh, I started this as a joke, but the more I think of it, the more reasonable it seems in my OLD mind. My hands don't have the flexability they once had, maybe this is the answer for me, too.
Old July 23, 2014, 05:05 PM   #34
twobit

Micro Gunner already mentioned a Sneeky Pete. I have one for a Walther PPK. I also have a NAA mini-mag 22 magnum pocket revolver. It will disappear in almost any pocket. For larger guns, several makes of inside the pant tuckable holsters are available.
Old July 24, 2014, 08:47 AM   #35
Ruger480

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've been out of town and unable to reply even though I could read them on my phone. It looks like I have several choices available, which is good because when I started this thread I had none. I think I'm going to try the High Noon tuckable iwb holster. But not until after I use the excuse to buy a new smaller gun!

Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Old July 31, 2014, 05:12 PM   #36
Caboclo

+1 for Kangaroo Carry. I've experimented quite a bit with CCW, and have a box of holsters to prove it. Been using the Kangaroo for a year now, and really like it. I can conceal a 5" double stack 45 effectively and very comfortably. I usually put my cell phone in the shirt pocket to provide an excuse and distraction for the small bulge. Granted, you do give up some accessibility with a shoulder holster. Deep Conceal makes a very similar product, and they also have some dress shirts with fake buttons and velcro. The OP's pic showed a white shirt; a black gun would probably show through that. A dark color would be better, and a print would be best.