The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 14, 2005, 02:58 PM   #1

Good place to buy Small GUn safe (fireproof)

I need a fire proof gun safe that will hold longuns and has shelves along the side for handguns. Doesn't need to hold many longuns, just lots of shelf space for pistols and accessories. Fireproof. Need good price and place to get. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old July 17, 2005, 09:44 PM   #2
BCBR

Safe

Try Kerry at Heritage safes in Memphis,i swear by mine and it is the 2nd best phararm acc I ever bought.
Old July 19, 2005, 11:11 AM   #3
bclark1

well you can't really buy a "small" safe that will hold long guns.

if you want a solid, fireproof safe on a budget though, i found just that at basspro / outdoor world. redhead 21-gun safe, 4 or 5 bolt, combination lock, fireproof 30-some minutes at 1300 degrees or whatever the standard is... it was under $650 in the back of my car, 8% or whatever brutal tax they smack us with here included. it's nice too because it only weighs like 400lb, compared to some of the larger ones, so you don't need to hire movers to get it around.
Old July 27, 2005, 09:03 PM   #4
Swan Hunter

Sams Club

I got a nice floor safe for long guns at Sams Club. Saved a bunch on shipping!
Old July 27, 2005, 10:14 PM   #5
jeff_troop

sams currently carries a winchester safe for $598 where i live. fireproof and looks okay. gets the job done. in my opinion most safes are waaaaay overkill as far as breaking and entering protection. but the fire protection is important not just for guns but valuable papers etc you may decide to keep in there. i recommend that you dont't get caught up in metal gauge and number of bolts etc. unless you live where a lot of professional thiefs, like you see in the movies, hang out.