The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 1, 2015, 10:26 AM   #1
foolzrushn

who's on line

I get a green dot in the posts, and a name in the "What's going on" ...section of help, but the same user is not shown online at the bottom of the page for the CAS & BP forum section?

Guess the green dots are correct, and if you are searching for someone in a different forum that is online...use the 'what's going on'?

certified 'soap welder'

Last edited by foolzrushn; October 1, 2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old October 1, 2015, 10:46 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

There's nothing peculiar about that particular forum that wouldn't allow members who are viewing the forum to be listed. Are you sure the members who are online at the time are actually viewing that forum at the time you are doing so? Does your name show up in the "Currently Active Users" listing for that forum?
Old October 6, 2015, 01:12 AM   #3
foolzrushn

I think that I did not realize how it worked. The green dot indicates that someone is in one of the forums, not necessarily that particular one? And you would have to go to their public profile to see where they were.

Forums generally work the same, but are a little different, and I am learning...slowly.

certified 'soap welder'