The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 14, 2002, 10:22 AM   #1
Alex Johnson

What's available for 16 guage reloading components?

Having just acquired a 16 guage model 12 I'm starting to hunt down loading equipment. I noticed that it is not too difficult to buy reloaders for 16 guage, however, I don't see a whole lot of reloading accesories available. Where is the best place to find this stuff? Also, are there any paper hulls still available for the 16 guage, I remember Federal was making paper shells for the 12 guage some time ago but never knew if they made them for other guages as well. Thanks.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Mark Twain
Old October 14, 2002, 01:08 PM   #2
Poodleshooter

www.ballisticproducts.com www.precisionreloading.com
Both of these are high dollar reloading component providers. Sort of the "Brownells" of the reloading world.
Old October 14, 2002, 04:46 PM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Try Midway also. Sorry, I'm a techno-dunce and do not know how to imbed the link.

Gamaliel might have something also.

HTH....
Old October 14, 2002, 04:55 PM   #4
K80Geoff

This month's edition of Shooting Sportsman magazine has a list of what is available in 16 ga shotshells. Federal only lists plastic hulls.

The good news is that 14 different manufacturers make 16 ga shells!

www.gamaliel.com

www.grafs.com
Old October 15, 2002, 05:19 AM   #5
PJR

The Shooting Sportsman's BBS has a group of dedicated 16 gauge shooters who are up to date on component availability and will be able to help.

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/

Paul
Old October 18, 2002, 05:39 PM   #6
Alex Johnson

Thanks I checked out the sites and found what I needed. Still looking for paper hulls, but the plastic will do for now. Thanks again.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Mark Twain