The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 28, 2012, 03:46 PM   #1
300magman

Bedding Supplys for 6 guns at once

I have read all kinds of how-to's on bedding (with and without pillars) and I am ready to give it a try. But realizing that I probably have about 6 guns in my collection that could benefit from being bedded, I am wondering if there is anywhere that sells supplies in larger than "kit" quantities.

I'm open to suggestions as to what bedding material to use, but I would like to find somewhere that sells materials and generic (cut to desired length) pillars in singular or bulk fashion rather than buying 6 individual kits. . . . just trying to save some $ $ $ I guess.

Any advice on which particular product to use or where to get the best deal on it would be appreciated.
Old August 28, 2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Scorch

If you find a West Marine store, you can buy their resin and hardener in sizes from 4 oz up to 55 gallons. Or you can order it online. It is very reasonably priced. West Systems epoxy is commonly known as Acraglas when sold by Brownells.