The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old May 5, 2008, 11:06 AM   #1
eclancy

1000 M1 Garands per DAY!!!

Gentelmen,
This post is for the new guys. As we get closer to getting into WW2 Ordnance is still getting the M1 Garand production higher. Here are some files giving us data about production. Notice the dates.

A word to the WISE for CONGRESS:
"You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass." Admiral Yamamoto

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read this data. I hope you have learned a little of the history of the M1 Garand.
Clancy
ps Could use some hits. I hope to have both sites update in soon. Have fun hope you enjoy and learn.
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF
Old May 5, 2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Bottledestroyer22

It'd be nice if I recieved those 1000 Garands a day.
Old May 6, 2008, 12:39 AM   #3
Sgt.Fathead

Another proud WWII moment. I was always thrilled to hear my father's father tell his tales of Naval aviation from his youth during World War Two. I also enjoyed, and still do, to hear my grandmother tell of the struggles and sacrifices here on the home front.

Quite frankly, it burns my backside, as an under 40 (barely) guy and a former Marine, that most Americans are so la-de-da while we have a war raging on two fronts. Thanks eclancy!

Last edited by Sgt.Fathead; May 6, 2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: grammar
Old May 13, 2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Fast Ed

One of this county's strengths has always been the ability to mass produce the weapons of war when we needed to. I wonder if we still could today. How upset would people be if they couldn't buy a new car because the plant was converted to make M-1 Abrams tanks or F-22 Raptors. That's what happened in WWII. That's why you can't buy a 1943 Chevrolet. They didn't make any. Too many B-25's and Sherman tanks to make to have any capacity left to make civilian passenger cars.

Fast Ed
Old May 13, 2008, 10:42 PM   #5
Sgt.Fathead

I suppose people would be unhappy if they were going to buy an American car but I myself haven't done so in over twenty years with the exception of my 1955 Pontiac Chieftain and a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air I regret selling. As I stated in my previous post, there's a war going on two fronts and with the exception of a handful, relatively, of families here in the U.S. almost everyone else seems oblivious.

My wife and I 'sponsor' a couple of young Marines through RyanRust.com and we've sent these young men everything save the kitchen sink. Actually just ordered a new stock for our Corporal in Fallujah for his M16A2 since, get this, none available at the armory and his is cracked and failure is imminent. Trillions spent and this kid can't get an operating weapon!

Sorry, hijacked. Praise the men and women of the 1940s!