The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 14, 2001, 09:48 AM   #1
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Thank You All!

This is a trying time for all of us, as a result of the terror attacks in the eastern United States.

I just want to express appreciation to those on the Handloading and Reloading Forum for keeping an even keel. It is mostly a (semi-) technical board, and while some of us are highly opinionated as to our favorite loads and/or procedures, there has never been any acrimonious discussion or argument concerning politics or international relations. I imagine that most here are fully aware of the other venues on TFL better suited to such exchanges, such as General Discussion and Legal and Political.

I am gratified (but not surprised) that it has not been necessary, not even once, to caution anyone here, nor to move any topics. Thank you all, and - - -
God Bless America.

Johnny Guest
H&R Moderator
Old September 14, 2001, 10:11 AM   #2
C.R.Sam

Reloading can be a sanctuary from the noise and strife of life. As is this board.

I read here a lot more than I post. Learn and enjoy. This is mostly a venue for questions, experiences and facts, not opinions and conjecture.

Nice place to come to.

Sam
Old September 14, 2001, 12:46 PM   #3
Gewehr98

Kinda therapeutic...

Reloading requires peace and quiet. I turned off the horror of the TV, fired up the tumbler, and am getting ready to make a batch of 7.62x25 Tokarev for my CZ-52, using Hornady XTP's and Starline brass. Like a doofus, I forgot what my best AA#5 load for the gun was, but I posted it here earlier, lucky me.

(Of course, I really wonder what a .30 caliber XTP zipping along at over 1600fps would do to a terrorist...)

Neural Misfires
Old September 14, 2001, 02:04 PM   #4
Poodleshooter

Reloading=relaxing So go ahead and relax guys!
Old September 14, 2001, 02:10 PM   #5
WESHOOT2

RELOADING

Actually 'reloaded' some ammo for our Sunday match (and manufactured some new ammo, too natch).

I'm not relaxed; I need to kill something, or see big explosions on the television.

Maybe I should go make some more ammo LOL.
Old September 14, 2001, 02:27 PM   #6
Stephen A. Camp
Staff In Memoriam

Hello, John. I loaded up some .45 Colt loads to try in my Mountain Gun and of course, some "hot" 9mm handloads. I must confess that while looking at the big, blunt, heavy 250 gr CSWC for the revolver that I did not think just of loads.

Best.
Old September 14, 2001, 06:52 PM   #7
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

"Reloading can be a sanctuary from the noise and strife of life. As is this board. "

Well said Sam! I do the same thing except sometimes I put the stereo on. Some times I just retreat to the shop and sit and do things like clean the bench or rearrange it or something like that while watching a good football or baseball game. I dont load when watching a game cause I get too damn excited !
Old September 15, 2001, 07:03 PM   #8
J.T.King

It's a damn fine board!

Sam hit it on the thead, so to speak...

I have learned more on this board than in all the reloading books I have read. Its a great group of people that never lets the mini-flame wars they may be participating in on other boards affect their reasoned, calm responses here.

Thanks a lot guys!

JT
Old September 17, 2001, 03:06 PM   #9
sundog

Johnny, your welcome. I participate on a couple of other boards, also. Here's a little of what I posted earlier, and it seems appropriate for my friends here.

I cast some bullets Saturday, and as usual I was by myself. My quiet time. I do a lot of thinking and reflecting. Last night I worked some brass at the loading bench, prepping for some testing. This is mental hygiene. It gives a feller an opportunity to moderate a little and sort what's important and focus. My wife sews - same thing.

Life won't ever be 'normal' (what they're used to) for a lot of folks ever again, but it don't stop neither. Time to suck it up and drive on. Time to bolster the common ground. Time to show your grit. sundog