The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 11, 2012, 02:00 AM   #51
The_Meteorologist

Agreed with the above statement about the slide serrations...the M&P9c serrations are better in comfort and grip, IMHO, but they do lack front serrations (SR9c has front serrations).

Another slight negative for the SR9c, especially for individuals with weaker hands/arms, is the very stiff recoil spring. The SR9c is much more difficult to lock the slide back manually. It was more of an annoyance for me as opposed to a "problem", but it is something for individuals to consider if they are slightly built or may be arthritic.
Old December 11, 2012, 04:43 AM   #52
Justice06RR

Its funny how a few people think that M&P's are ugly. Because if they are, then Glocks are hideous!

I happen to think M&P's are nice looking pistols. I prefer the full size models and they resemble a H&K USP in my opinion. The M&P's trigger is not gritty. It's just different than your typical scissor-type trigger.

The $100 price difference between the M&P and SR9 can be significant to someone on a tight budget. Both are great guns with good reputations and excellent warranty. Just pick which one you like based on your budget.

What I do like about the SR9c is the option of a stainless or black slide. The stainless slides look pretty cool.
Old December 11, 2012, 03:00 PM   #53
Officer's Match

Glock fan here, and I think the M&P is MUCH better looking than the Glock.
Old December 11, 2012, 05:48 PM   #54
Shifty007

David White, you can remove the LCI and replace it with the LCI Delete from Galloway Precision. It looks a ton better than having an open section on the slide. Or, you can do as I did, and just file it down. There is a notch that the round in the chamber pushes up on, I filed it down to where it isn't so obtrusive.
Old December 12, 2012, 08:19 AM   #55
breakingcontact

The only things I see that the Ruger has over the S&W is price and a better trigger. Those may be very important things to you.