The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 22, 2000, 12:06 AM   #1
m_d_atwood

i am wondering what these guns are worth.
1913 erfurt luger 9mm all matching serial numbers, except clip. in perfect condition.

late 1800's stevens model 30 favorite 22lr in fair shape

late 1800s colt 45 long colt peace maker short barrel. in decent condtion.
Old July 22, 2000, 09:41 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

If the 1913 Erfurt really is 100% (sure?) and has the stock lug, around $1000. More with unit markings, less without the lug.

I may be wrong, but I thought the Model 30 was the new (1998) production Favorite. Most of the old Favorite rifles run about $150 tops, and that would not be far off for the new rifle. There are some of the old Favorite line that bring big bucks, but they are uncommon. Stevens/Savage literally made a million and most are in sad shape by now. If the gun is old, can you provide more info as to markings, etc.

On the Colt .45, we definitely need a more complete description with all markings. Values on SAA Colts can range from a few hundred to tens of thousands depending on condition, markings, etc. Of course, there are many reproductions.

Jim