The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 29, 2012, 05:35 PM   #1
chewie676

Magazine Extension for CZ100

Greetings everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I´ve read a lot of useful information but never wrote before. Thank you all for sharing.

I´ll like to know if anyone has ever tryed to install a mag extension intended for CZ75B on a CZ100´s magazine.

Dimensions on both mag´s are exactly the same, except for the rails which hold the mag cap from side to side. The difference is only 1.2 milimeters being wider for the CZ100 mag, probably for being a plastic cap.

I´ll try to post a picture so you can see where the 13th round sits (which is the maximum capacity of the CZ100´s mag), being my only concern that there might not be room for the follower to go further and thus impossible to hold any more rounds. (note the distance between the red and the blue arrows).

I forgot to mention before that both guns are 9mm.

Please let me know what you think or what you have experienced. It would be owesome to have a +2 firepower increase in my CZ100.
Thanks.
Old October 29, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2
chewie676

Picture

Sorry, I could not upload the picture, but I`m on it. I`ll post it as soon as I figure it out.
Thanks
Old October 29, 2012, 08:42 PM   #3
Walt Sherrill

I've never encountered anyone who liked the CZ100 enough to go to the trouble... (I speak as someone who has owned both the 9mm and .40 versions...)

If the dimensions are the same, the only real difference would have to be the follower or springs. If you have a CZ75B mag, compare those parts to the CZ-100 mag parts. (Or, maybe a CZ 75B "compact" mag -- as in a PCR, 75B Compact, P-01, etc.
Old October 30, 2012, 09:54 AM   #4
lee n. field

Quote:
Greetings everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I´ve read a lot of useful information but never wrote before. Thank you all for sharing.

I´ll like to know if anyone has ever tryed to install a mag extension intended for CZ75B on a CZ100´s magazine.
Get one and try it?

As an alternative, this here thread might be worth perusing:
Magazine Compatibility Master List
. It's old. But, so is the CZ-100. There might be something in a longer CZ or clone magazine that works with the 100.

(Mine's long gone. Not worth going into now. Good luck with yours.)

Quote:
enough to go to the trouble
Mmmm. Yeah. I (personally) don't think the jump from 13 to 15 would be worth the bother and expense, but...
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; October 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old November 1, 2012, 11:45 AM   #5
chewie676

Thanks

Hello, Walt and Lee and thanks for sharing your opinion on this subject and providing some information. Allow me to clarify that, actually, the gun I have is a CZ110, which I´m perfectly aware that never make it to the american market. The reason why I brought it as a CZ100 subject is tha fact that most americans have experience with this model instead of the CZ110. Considering that both guns use the same kind of mags, all the information and experiences are equally useful.

In the other hand, firearms policies and prices in my country are completelly diferent as they are in the US, making the search for the right setup to bring the CZ110 up to a 15+1 plataform worth the effort, which IMO, is the only down side of the gun.

You can find the picture of the 13 round mag at the following link
http://www.ammoclip.com/C/cz-100.htm
please note how low the 13th round window sits.

With a little luck I will be capable of getting it through the use of resources such as those new magazine´s extended base pads and/or follower-spring configuration.

Thanks for reading and as soon as I can come up with something, I´ll let you know. In the mean time, any aditional help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by chewie676; November 1, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old November 1, 2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Walt Sherrill

I wish the CZ-110 had made it to the US. As I understand it, it was similar to the 75B system internally, with a much improved trigger; that would have been far better than the internals of the 100, which was a difficult weapon to tune or improve. The ergonomics of the CZ-100 were far better than the somewhat similar Glocks, but the triggers were horrid.

Have you tried a .40 magazine in the gun? With many guns, a .40 mag will retain 9mm rounds; if so, you should be able to pick up a couple of extra rounds that way. (You may have to tweak/bend the feed lips a little. Be wary, they are often brittle.) (The .40 Pro-Mag magazines for the "Compact" CZ 75bs models works perfectly with 9mm guns, and gives a couple of extra rounds.)

There's bound to be some mag extensions that will work with the CZ-110 mags, but I have no idea which ones to try -- and it's been 5-6 years since I last messed with a CZ-100.

In most civilian real-world firearms confrontations, a single shooter seldom empties a mag. That being the case, being unable to increase capacity may not be that big a deal; if you do need more rounds, just carry a spare mag, and practice quick mag exchanges.
Old November 1, 2012, 06:44 PM   #7
lee n. field

Quote:
I wish the CZ-110 had made it to the US. As I understand it, it was similar to the 75B system internally,
That's not my understanding. My understanding is the CZ-110 is basically the CZ-100, with an addition that held the striker "cocked" and under tension, for a single action trigger pull. The 100, as you doubtless remember, is DA-only, from full rest.

(I'd find the DA/SA scary, as one of the 3 times mine got serviced under warranty, was when the firing pin safety disappeared. Poof, gone, a big hole appears in the underside of the slide and the safety button has departed.)

I think I heard that a few 110s made it into the United State, from one of the surplus vendors. Not enough to matter.

Quote:
and it's been 5-6 years since I last messed with a CZ-100.
Yup. Mine got traded, along with my old Taurus 66, even up for an XD40. I think I came out ahead. The CZ-100 never got off probation, to the point where I trusted it. I thinik, if I could pick up another cheap, I might, just to tinker with.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old November 1, 2012, 08:11 PM   #8
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
My understanding is the CZ-110 is basically the CZ-100, with an addition that held the striker "cocked" and under tension, for a single action trigger pull. The 100, as you doubtless remember, is DA-only, from full rest.
I just checked it out on Wikipedia -- which I had never bothered to do, before. You're right -- it's still striker-fired, but with the ability to start from a fully-cocked striker, for a SA-like trigger pull. It can be decocked for holstering, etc.

That would probably make the horrible CZ-100 trigger a bit more tolerable. I think the reason they weren't imported had to do with the POINT system -- it didn't have enough to pass the hurdle. Apparently the striker system modified to allow a fully-cocked striker took away points.

A number of folks on the CZ Forum found ways of modifying the gun, but I didn't see the value...
Old February 10, 2013, 11:57 PM   #9
chewie676

Hey Walt and Lee. Thanks for sharing my interest in this subject. Sorry for taking so long to be back, but I had a very heavy working season since last octobre.

CZ110 is an awesome gun, being exactly as described by Lee. Trigger at SA mode is way much smoother and shorter than DA. However, I find the DA on it very adequate as a safety measure while carrying it with a round in the chamber. Decocker makes a real advantage in the guns design.

In the other had, It took me some time to look around and my research might bring some promising results. The other day I had the chance to try a Mecgar mag intended for a 9mm full sized pre-2005 Witness. Rounds fed consistently when manually working the slide which locked open after last round was ejected. It was a 16 round mag, so if it works, it might be a solution to my problem. Unfortunately I wont be able to real fire test it at the range for the next couple of weeks because of a knee injury, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Good shooting.