The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 20, 2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Bran Diezel

Not so custom M&P Shield holsters?

I have been recently carrying my G27 in my 19 Galco VHawk. I like it but as usual it's a smidge thick in tighter tshirts. I have had a shield for a few weeks now and haven't carried it yet. I just so happen to stick it in the aforementioned holster and I swear it fits better than the baby glock does. I don't know if its wider in one particular place to fit better but I'm not going to use it in there in fear of losing retention on the glocks. However, I could just buy another and be good to go but they are like $90!

Is anyone else having success with store bought holsters not made for the shield but fit it amazingly well? I think I may do a single clip or loop iwb for a g26,27,33 and be right where I want with this gun.
Old December 21, 2012, 08:19 AM   #2
bipe215

I got a High Noon 'Split Decision' IWB tuckable ($38) for my G36. My shield fits it perfectly. Its the most comfortable carry gun I've ever had.

Steve

PS I think High Noon now makes a Sheild specific holster
Old December 21, 2012, 12:28 PM   #3
kahrguy

I am more than happy with Comp-Tac MtAC line. Price is close to the same as your v hawk BUT I can change the holster body only for 35 dollars and not need to buy a second holster for a different handgun.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ster&FORM=IGRE
Old December 22, 2012, 04:43 PM   #4
ShootingNut

You might want to look at Kholster, I have their Crescent model IWB for
my M&P compact, very comfortable quality holster at a good price IMO.
http://www.kholster.com/proddetail.php?prod=CR