The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 30, 2009, 11:33 AM   #1
OlympicArmsFan

Mossberg 500SP On The Way

Well after talking this subject to death with myself, you guys and on many other boards I placed the order today.

The 590SP I was looking at had only the one advantage that 590A1 offers and that is a bayo lug. Thats something I dont need or want on a HD/SD or SHTF gun.

I kept asking questions after questions to get more info and you guys where and are a big help.

I went with the 500SP Persuader. This is the 20" barrel with a 3" chamber and a blued finish.

This same gun retails in my local shops for $394.95-$415.95 and I will have it for $329.88 out the door. This includes my FFL charge as well.

I like the options I have with the 500 over the 590SP or 590A1. I have been told many times that the barrels and tubes and differnt things are not out there if they are they are high.

I know if I ever want to add the thicker barrel and bayo lug I can later on with the 500. I can even take the trigger from a 590A1 and put it on my 500SP Persuader.

I just felt why pay more for something that Im not taking into battle and to say I have a cool bayo lug on it.

I also went with the Mossberg due to warranty. They offer a 10 year warranty on it where Mavericks have a 1 year.

I feel good on this buy and Im excited to get this one in and go shoot and see how it feels.

This has been a learning experince and you guys have helped me in making a well informed decision.

Thanks everyone.

PS Pics and a range report to follow (Pics first Range Report around Christmas)
Old October 30, 2009, 02:22 PM   #2
JerseyDrez

Ha, I remember all your going back and forth.

Did you get a pistol grip or stock?

"I don't know what situation you'd be in where you'd be facing a bad guy and he'd have the time to notice your laser shaking and evaluate you as having low confidence. "
Old October 30, 2009, 02:35 PM   #3
OlympicArmsFan

The one that came with the stock and the pistol grip together as a kit was I think ten bucks more.

I even went back and fourth on that with would I use it is it worth the extra ten bucks and if I didnt like it could I Sell it and make some off it lol.

I thought for ten extra bucks I would just use it on ammo. I just went with the rifle stock and its simple and I like simple.

I cant wait to get it in and see how it all feels and how it looks as this is the first time I have delt with Buds and Mossberg.

Im excited
Old October 30, 2009, 02:57 PM   #4
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

what exact "part number" did you order?
Brent
Old October 30, 2009, 03:14 PM   #5
OlympicArmsFan

I went with 50577 Buds Model number. This is the mossberg 500 persuader with 20" barrel.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/47809

I want wait to get it in and see it and shoot it now. Oh I gotta check Wal-Mart for ammo now.
Old October 30, 2009, 03:19 PM   #6
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Quote:
I like the options I have with the 500 over the 590SP or 590A1. I have been told many times that the barrels and tubes and differnt things are not out there if they are they are high.
Well unfortunately... It is any of the 7+1 guns. For you to enjoy a good variety of barrels, you will need to buy a 5+1 mag tube and spring as well as barrel.
Brent
Old November 14, 2009, 03:32 PM   #7
OlympicArmsFan

Got it in today will have a review later.