The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 24, 1999, 08:28 PM   #1
Jim V

Maybe I should not be asking this here, but JJR, How is the trigger change going? Have you started yet or are you still waiting for parts etc?

Keep us posted.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Old July 6, 1999, 08:53 PM   #2
JJR

Hi Jim,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I just found this thread. I should pay more attention.

The trigger job is going slowly but ok. I had to special order the trigger so it would match the funky "stainless" finish of my gun (it looks like un-blued steel, not the traditional polished stainless). The trigger is still on back order but I got the book a week ago. I couldn't help myself so I took it apart (inside a box) and removed the old trigger just to see if I could do it. I immediately put it back together (with the old trigger) just so I wouldn't forget anything that I did. It seems to work fine (and no full-auto ) so I probably won't have any trouble with the new trigger. I'll keep ya posted.