The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 6, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1
essohbe

Using the "Amended FFL" application

Can I go from an 03-ffl to an 01-ffl using the Amended Firearms License form or should I just use their regular one?

My 03 expires in Oct but I might end up doing the business before then so therefore the necessity to post the initial inquiry...
Old May 6, 2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Don P

If I remember when my 03 FFL kit arrived it had the paperwork in it to apply and change to the 01 if desired. When all else fails call your local ATF office
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:32 PM   #3
dogtown tom

Quote:
essohbe Can I go from an 03-ffl to an 01-ffl using the Amended Firearms License form or should I just use their regular one?

My 03 expires in Oct but I might end up doing the business before then so therefore the necessity to post the initial inquiry...
No.
That form is used for amending your current license (address changes etc)

You need to complete an entirely new application if you are applying for an 01FFL.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE