The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 4, 2011, 10:00 AM   #26
JustThisGuy

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I have asked my wife to get into a local shotgun training course where she can try several weapons before selecting her preference. Our next door neighbor is UC narcotics and he is guiding her to a good training course.

The Remington Nighthawk Tactical Semi-Auto is interesting, so is the Turkish model. Most of all, I want her to be comfortable with whatever she gets, so its best for her to learn and practice on what suits her best. Then we'll buy that one, whatever it is.

I've introduced her to reading up on weapons safety and home defense law so that she understands what are her obligations and duties. She seems eager to learn.

Mediocrity dominates over excellence in all things... except excellence.
Old January 4, 2011, 04:34 PM   #27
DRT300

Another vote for 1187, but the 870 or mossberg 500 would be my second choice. If money was an issue the 500 would be #1. I've had the 500 and 870 both are good guns. I'm partial to Remingtons, but the 500 I had was bulletproof.