The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 10, 2012, 06:19 PM   #1
error404

Rhino Trigger kits (does anyone have one?)

I need to send back my new Chiappa Rhino 2" because the chambers are off spec (too big / different sizes).

I was able to talk to a Chiappa Rep. with regards the trigger kits that they used to sell in their website

http://store.chiappafirearms.com/pk-stage1.html

According to the rep. they are avoiding to install them because of people complaining of light primer strikes.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much info googling... I would like to know if the people complaining were experienced reloader using softer/sensitive primers like Federal... or people buying ammo from walmart.

I really want to lighten the trigger and make it more competition friendly (IDPA), but if it's not reliable under any type of primers/ammunition... then, it might not be worth it

So, does anyone own one.. or know of someone that had a stage II or II trigger done?

thanks
Old August 10, 2012, 07:04 PM   #2
temmi

welcome to the site.

I'm hopeing someone will be along to answer your question...

I would like a Rino but have shyed away cause of I worry about finding good gunsmith to work on them.

Good luck

Snake
Old August 10, 2012, 08:07 PM   #3
error404

Thanks

I'm actually surprise there is not a larger group of people owning them by now...
Old September 2, 2012, 12:45 PM   #4
scoper

Rhino Trigger Kits

I own a White Rhino and asked their service group about the trigger job for it. They replied,

"We will not put stage 2 or 3 trigger kits in 2" Rhino's. They are for competition guns only and will only reliably ignite Federal 100 primers used in competition reloads.

If you have a Rhino after serial number R01900 you already have the equivelent of a stage 1 trigger.

Chiappa Customer Service
Old September 25, 2012, 09:09 PM   #5
goodhip

rhino chambers

I have the same problem. What are they doing for you? I also have a 2" one
Old September 29, 2012, 10:17 AM   #6
publius

Certainly not the same as a trigger kit, but I would buy some snap caps and shoot stuff on TV while you are sitting there. It will smooth itself out working the action.