The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old September 25, 2000, 12:05 PM   #1
Roadrunner

Spend the better part of Sunday out at the Bull Run Shooting Center in Centerville, Virginia and participated in their annual Iron Man Shoot. The course of fire consisted of 10 rounds of shooting and a case of 12 ga ammo (250 rounds). The 10 rounds included:

2 rounds of Wobble Trap,
2 rounds of Trap,
2 rounds of Skeet,
1 round of Double Skeet,
1 one of 5-Stand, and
2 rounds of Sporting Clays.

I was told there were about 65 shooters on the different fields during the day. It cost $55 for the 10 rounds and cases of ammo were half price ($40). The local fire dept set-up the bar-b-que stand for lunch.

I've never shot more than 4 rounds of clays in one day. After the tenth round I was left with a large bruise just off my right shoulder and my cheek, below my right eye, is sore too.

I had alot of fun considering the last time I shot skeet was years ago and Sunday was the first time shooting 5-Stand and Sporting Clays. Final results will be sent in the mail.

If any of you live in Northern Virginia, I'm in Falls Church, and would like to shoot Trap, Skeet, etc the next event is on Sunday, Oct 8th (the 6th Annual Battle of Bull Run Sporting Clays Shoot - starts around 10 am). Even if you want to try clays, the center has a number of rental shotguns. Check the link for more info: http://skeetandtrap.com/bullrun.htm
Old September 25, 2000, 09:02 PM   #2
CD1

Sounds like a nice day at the range. How did that shoulder look after a day of pounding? Good stuff.