The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 3, 2000, 04:35 AM   #1
OK Computer

Trijicon says their lower powered Compact ACOGS (Like 1.5x & 2x) can be used effectivly as a "2 eyes open" CQB sight. Anybody have experience using either model in such a way?

I am particularly interested in the 1.5x model with a red triangle. I know there are better alternatives probably, like a Reflex or Aimpoint. But I want something that is tough as nails & doesnt need batteries (Aimpoint is the former & Reflex the latter), but the Compact ACOG seems to be the best compromise of the two. I really need opinions on the speed of using the Compacts as a aimpoint style sight. Oh... also... there is a 1.5x16 & a 1.5x24.... which in your opinions would be the most ideal for CQB... the 16 or 24?

Old February 3, 2000, 09:05 AM   #2
ChrisL

OK Computer..

Once AR15.COM comes back online you can find some good information with a search on these sights. Numerous folks have experience with them. I don't recall anyone having anything but glowing things to say. The consensus being they give near Reflex speed for CQB with the added benefit of magnification out to 150-200 meters or so.

Chris..
Old February 3, 2000, 10:10 AM   #3
CMOS

OK, I have used the 2x20 AGOC and it is indeed a "2 eyes open" scope. Very nice little piece.

I understand that there is s newer 1.5x(25 or 30) - go for that one. You really don't need the magnification but that larger 25 or 30mm aperture will be great. Very fas target acquisition with the ACOG.

Email me if you have any other questions.

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

Old February 3, 2000, 11:03 AM   #4
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Moving to Gear and Accessories.
Old February 3, 2000, 04:13 PM   #5
xyzman44

I have the 2x and like it a lot. Works well with both eyes open.

I bought it from botach. And ordered it with the AR flattop mount. This mount only has a single attachment point between the rifle and the scope. Seems a little weak to me. I'd like to have another ring on the rear of the scope. When I asked about botach about this, they assured me that the single attachment point was how it is supposed to be. Anyone else have a mount like this?