The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 29, 2008, 01:49 AM   #26
jamaica

Quote:
Here is my question:
Does anyone here reload one-at-a-time for the .45
I load .45 with a single stage. That is because that is all I have.

I seldom need over 200 rounds in a week so it is just fine to go single stage. I can't justify the cost of a progressive for that much ammo. I find the time spent reloading to be pleasant. I am not concerned that it may take a couple of hours to load 200 or so rounds. I never keep track of the time anyway.
Old March 2, 2008, 08:04 AM   #27
FatWhiteMan

"I want to thank everyone for their responses. I have ordered the Hornady LNL with Redding dies, comp seating. Hornady LNL from cheaperthandirt.com $357.88 with 1000 free bullets from Hornady."
Don

You can't beat that free bullet offer. Makes the press really cost about $200. You should not be disappointed with the L-N-L.
Old March 8, 2008, 01:46 AM   #28
Bottledestroyer22

Reloding one-at-a-time or progressive?

If your going to shoot a lot you might want to get a progressive, but their pretty expensive.
Old March 8, 2008, 07:53 AM   #29
CPTMurdoc30

Ammo on I produce on my Dillon 550B vs the ammo i produce on my RCBS RS press. They are the same except the 550 ammo comes out a whole lot faster. The Dillon powder measure is just as accurate or more accurate than my RCBS Uniflow. I used to do pistol ammo one at a time taking hours upon house to produce 100 rounds. Now I fill the powder measure check ammount despensed and gather primers, bullets and cases. I run one threw to make sure every thing is still set right. Then it is off to the races 1 hour later I have 300 to 400 rounds of 45acp sitting on the bench.

Now I will do my rifle rounds on the single stage one at a time. Because I do much more case prep and I measure each powder charge and trickle up to where I want.

I may latter on go to the progressive for my rifle loading but for now. I prefer to do them one at a time. I am going for the best accuracy I an get. Pistol fooder is just that, ment to shoot and shoot a lot.

Where I may shot 100 rounds of rifle ammo in one day. That would be a lot of rifle shooting for my rane session.

I can burn threw 400 to 500 rounds of 45acp in a range session.
Old March 8, 2008, 10:27 AM   #30
robctwo

I'm up to around 75,000 on my LnL. Good choice. Shooting mostly .45 and 9mm these days.
Old March 8, 2008, 06:08 PM   #31
DWARREN123

I do 40 S&W, I load using a Lee single stage. It works well for me.
Old March 8, 2008, 10:27 PM   #32
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
I do 40 S&W, I load using a Lee single stage. It works well for me.
I, too, had a Lee single stage before I bought the RockChucker. Made tens of thousands of rounds for my guns with that thing. Was very reliable and money well spent. Obviously slower than my progressive, yet slower in this hobby of mine doesn't mean it's a negative....

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old March 9, 2008, 01:53 AM   #33
odsixer

I just loaded 500 45ACP rounds on my single stage RCBS. Pretty time consuming but I don't shoot that much pistol anyway. I'd definately buy a progressive if I found a good deal.