The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old June 3, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Kilroy08

Questions about moving and my C&R FFL

I'm getting ready to move in a month and a half and have the following question:

On my FFL where it says Premises Address, is that my home address or where I maintain my collection and associated paperwork?

When I move, I will be maintaining a gun room with secure storage at my parent's house for a majority of my guns and reloading gear, and assorted accoutrements.
Old June 4, 2013, 02:26 PM   #2
carguychris

Quote:
On my FFL where it says Premises Address, is that my home address or where I maintain my collection and associated paperwork?

When I move, I will be maintaining a gun room with secure storage at my parent's house for a majority of my guns and reloading gear, and assorted accoutrements.
You are required to have a separate license for each location where your C&R collection, or portion thereof, will be stored.

Look closely at the two addresses on the license. One address is the physical storage location of the C&R collection, or portion thereof (the premises address), and the other is a reliable address for contacting you, if it's different (the mailing address). Your home address is not necessarily relevant.

The bound book should stay at the premises address with the C&R collection. If the collection is divided between several addresses, there should be a separate bound book for each portion. Each book should accurately reflect what is physically stored at that address at that particular time.

Last edited by carguychris; June 4, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: minor reword...