The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 13, 2012, 03:52 PM   #26
Hardcase

Just got back to the hotel from my visit to the folks at Buffalo Arms in Ponderay, Idaho.

What a friendly bunch of folks!

Picked up this Uberti/Cimarron 2nd gen Dragoon and a few pounds of real black powder:

And, as a bonus, stopped by the Cataldo Mission, the oldest building in Idaho (built in 1848).

Who says Friday the 13th is bad luck?
Old April 13, 2012, 04:36 PM   #27
capper

Nice dragoon Hardcase. How can I post pics on here? I see the additional options for managing attatchments,but the problem,is my pics are too big.Any ideas?
Old April 13, 2012, 04:46 PM   #28
Doc Hoy

Two responses

First of all, Nice Dragoon, HC.

Makes me want to watch True Grit.

Capper,

Posting photos is a two step process. I find it easiest to upload them first to Photobucket.com. Real easy to set up access and upload photos.

Then once you have uploaded the photos to Photobucket, you bring up both sites at one time (This site and Photobucket.) Open the thread you want to post to. Go to the Photobucket site, and mouse over the photo you want to post. A menu will appear below the photo and you just choose the bottom option. That copies the photo. Then come back to the TFL forum to the thread you are posting in and right click and paste the link. The link will appear until you submit the post. When you do that the photo will appear in the post.
Old April 13, 2012, 05:33 PM   #29
straight-shooter

3rd model Uberti/Cimmaron Dragoon

Old April 13, 2012, 09:03 PM   #30
Hellgate

Hardcase,
How far off the freeway is Ponderay? I go through Spokane to Missoula occasionally and might need a diversion.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)
Old April 13, 2012, 09:57 PM   #31
Hardcase

Hellgate, it's about 50 miles north of Coeur d'Alene on US-95. It's a very pretty drive, definitely worth the trip.
Old April 13, 2012, 10:04 PM   #32
sandman_nv

Both that gun and the mission building are magnificent.
Old April 19, 2012, 08:32 PM   #33
ClemBert

I'll play....

Old May 6, 2012, 09:17 PM   #34
rodent.22

Clembert Looking good!!!
Old August 20, 2012, 11:24 PM   #35
Rigmarol

My twins

Very nice pictures guys!

Here are my Signiture Colts.

With a little remmy clone at the bottom.
Old August 21, 2012, 09:45 PM   #36
bushmaster65

Aaaaahhh........Gun P***.....
Old August 22, 2012, 06:52 PM   #37
Whetstone70

Walker's

Hopefully in the near future I will be able to rebuild my Collection. I am planning to purchase an 1847 shortly. From there I will work my way through the Generations. The pictures posted have really helped me look at the quality of various manufacturer's. The one that is reserved for me at the gunstore is made by Uberti and I was happy with the quality.Thank you all for taking the time to post them.
VFW Life Member

Last edited by Whetstone70; August 22, 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old August 27, 2012, 10:33 PM   #38
bushmaster65

ok, here is my first born to my collection. 2nd gen uberti Dragoon. the Uberti website said the MSRP was over 400.00 so I thought it was a decent deal new for 450.00 at the local gun show. . WRONGggggggg!!!!!!!
I'm gonna take some better pics of her and my new walker , I'm posting this to refresh with photobucket posting etc...
Old August 27, 2012, 10:44 PM   #39
Ben Towe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster65 View Post
I thought it was a decent deal new for 450.00 at the local gun show. . WRONGggggggg!!!!!!!
Ouch!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old August 27, 2012, 11:03 PM   #40
Malamute

Colt's 3rd model Dragoon (black box).

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-
Old August 27, 2012, 11:18 PM   #41
dlbarr

Right ON Malamute. I'm diggin' THAT picture!!
Old August 28, 2012, 01:58 AM   #42
Shotput79

I want to play to.

I want one more Dragoon.
Old August 28, 2012, 02:19 AM   #43
Shotput79

Legionnaire. That there Walker got ah mean look to it. I'd like to fine one like that.

Dlon you got a mean looking Dragoon there to. I don't know what it is about a gun with the finish gone I just like the looks of um.

Hay guys I like all of them. You fellas got some fine looking pistols. Do you think if we all went after the bad guys at the same time we could make him stinky and run at the same time.
Old August 28, 2012, 10:25 PM   #44
bushmaster65

just one question shotput79.....
Why in the hell would you want only ONE more Dragoon?!
You've got the 1st gen right there, got two more to go........
Old August 28, 2012, 10:49 PM   #45
Shotput79

CAUSE!!! These things grow on ya and I'd have a room full of them. I started out with one Pietta 1858 Remmie target model and now I have three more Pietta 1858s in .44 cal and one in ,36 cal and now getting ready to buy one made by Uberti just cause I wanted a Uberti model. These guns grow on ya. I'm addited and can't help myself. Bushmaster you start messing with these guns and you'll find out what I'm talken about.
Old August 29, 2012, 12:26 AM   #46
FloridaVeteran

Clembert's cartridges

Clembert - is the shorter cartridge a "45 Cowboy?" It looks too short to be a Schofield.
Old August 29, 2012, 08:35 PM   #47
bushmaster65

Shotput79,
Let me tell you about addiction....
In the year of our lord nineteen hundred and ninety six, My US Army
room mate and I went for our first skydive. Not tandem, it was lesson #1
out of 7 and I got my own chute with a radio receiver and speakers in the helmet to assist me with steering my way back to the drop zone. My room mates chute opened extremely fast "a slammer" and he caught his left testicle in the strap, tore the top of both middle cells back about three feet and landed like a lead brick! Never to jump again.
I, on the other hand, had a bitchen freefall, parachute ride like an eagle and landed like a lead brick doing about 20mph!
(seriously now) I gathered up my chute, returned it to the packing shed, went to the office with my check book and immediately signed up for lesson #2!
1 1/2 years and 204 jumps later I quit because my lower back was getting really FUBAR and decelerating from 120 to 25mph in about 3sec doesn't help.

So what the hell does jumping have to do with BP revolvers? I bought my Dragoon in July, my Walker in August and the only reason I'm not getting my next dragoon in September is because I'm building a presentation case for my Walker. This also stretches out my wife's time/space continuum and she wont realize just how much money is being spent, and how quickly. So you see my friend, I was addicted when I first held that dragoon in my hands (another reason I spent so much for it).
So let the addiction begin!!!
Old August 30, 2012, 12:14 AM   #48
FloridaVeteran

Bushmaster - ran into that wife issue tonight, at a dinner for six. Told her, in front of all, that we need to think about buying a duplex, side be side.

Got real quiet after that.
Old August 30, 2012, 03:43 AM   #49
Doc Hoy

Started in BP shooting in the early 70s

At that time I was married to my "thankfully ex" wife who nagged me so much I finally sold my collection and stopped shooting.

Fouteen years ago I married present spousal unit. I spend most of my time trying to figure out how to be worthy of her.

Shortly thereafter I got back into shooting but this time revolvers only. When I bought my eleventh or twelfth revolver my better half asked, "How many revolvers do you think you will need?" Mind you, she was not concerned about the money or the time. She was just curious about the way I approached the shooter's way of life.

I did not know how to answer her question. I still don't. Forty pistols later, she has a better understanding of why I didn't know how many revolvers I would eventually need. She has never once complained about a revolver purchase. She generally kicks me out of the house to go shooting. Once or twice, she actually went with me. It was her idea to build display cases and hang them around the house. She never gripes about the revolver parts soaking in the kitchen sink or drying in the oven. She doesn't mind the bore lube on the stove. And she doesn't make me go to church.

Number two is a definite improvement over number one.
Old August 30, 2012, 10:58 AM   #50
Hellgate

Doc,
I'm with you here on the gun thing (still got the same wife though, 35 good years). I've owned at least 30 C&Bs and stay in the teens with those in the house. My breakthrough didn't involve a spousal change but a truce regarding our respective passions: she wanted/needed a THIRD sewing machine for her quilting obsession which I just didn't "get". Something about a machine with a "walking foot" so I said, "Fine, get a 3rd sewing machine, but I don't want to hear any squawking when I bring home an occasional revolver." No problem, she says 'cause she wanted that sewing machine SO BAD. Since then, the dam broke and the pistols flooded in. Not a word about it. Happy wife, happy life.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)