The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 6, 2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Huntzalittle

New Option:Mauser Stock

Thank you to those fellas that answered my last thread on Mauser Stocks, however, having lost that opportunity I bring yet another offering to the forum for discussion and suitability. I would like to re-stock my Turkish Mauser with a large ring action into a nicer stock. Below is an Ebay discription of a stock being sold. My only question is "will this fit my Turk with minimum fitting? (because I don't know )

""FAJEN MARKSMAN + SUPREME SEMI FINISHED WALNUT STOCK FOR HUSQVARNA MAUSER WITH ALLOY TRIGGER GUARD. FAJEN STOCKS SEMI FINISHED FROM THE FACTORY ARE 100% SHAPED AND 95% INLETTED. SOME HAVE A NARROW BARREL CHANNEL, SO THAT THEY CAN BE FITTED TO YOUR GUN. SOME MAY NEED MINOR INLETTING, TO DROP IN. WE HAVE ABOUT 500 STOCKS THAT WERE SHIPPED FROM FAJEN BEFORE JAN. 1971, WHEN THEY COULD STILL GET GOOD WOOD. ALL STOCKS WILL BE AUCTIONED AS THEY ARE UNCOVERED. WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO LOOK FOR A CERTAIN STOCK, WITH A SPECIAL KIND OF WOOD. IF WE DO FIND ONE, IT WILL BE AUCTIONED. ON THE MAUSER STOCKS. IF THE AD READS 1924 YUGO, IT MEANS 1924 YUGO. IF IT SAYS SIAMESE MAUSER IT MEANS SIAMESE MAUSER. DON'T ASK IF IT FITS A SWEDISH MAUSER WITH A LITTLE CUTTING, OR A 1927 ARGENTINE, BECAUSE IT LOOKS THE SAME, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW. WE WILL COMBINE SHIPPING ON 2 OR MORE ITEMS"

While the stock does look like something I would find suitable, it doesn't sound like they want anyone to ask questions, thus, the question here.
Old July 6, 2007, 07:57 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Husqvarna rifle actions are NOT standard Mauser 98's so I strongly recommend you follow the seller's advice about what they say. If the stock was for a standard 98, they would have said so.

Jim
Old July 6, 2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Huntzalittle

Thanks Jim
I guess I will wait and see if they put something up I can use