The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 11, 2008, 12:33 AM   #1
Fly Rye

Glock 23 conversion question??? please help

i am in the process of purchasing my first gun since i got my carrier permit. i have a few questions though.

i am purchasing the Glock 23, because the guy selling it to me is giving it to me for such a good price i cant say no.

but i was wondering if i could convert my Glock 23, .40 cal. to shoot 9mm ammo. i read somewhere that you simply need to replace the barrel, is this true? if so do i need ot purchase a different magazine and for which model? i need it to work with the Glock 23.

if you all could please help me and let me know what barrel and what magazine to get that would be great. plinking with 9mm FMJ;s would be incredibly cheaper!!! also if you could give me some sites where i could purchase this barrel and magazine, that would be great. thanks all
Old December 11, 2008, 12:45 AM   #2
railroader

You need a glock 19 mag and a conversion barrel. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4279 Mark
Old December 11, 2008, 05:25 PM   #3
mes228

Glock 23

You have purchased one of the best pistols on earth. Leave it alone. However, yes you can easily convert it to 9mm. Glock' s really are very close to perfection from the factory. There is little you can do to improve the 23. Perhaps a little lighter trigger (Ghost is good). Other than that almost anything you do will end up being a lesser pistol than what you started with.
Old December 11, 2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Fly Rye

thank you for the advice, and your correct glock is where it's at. this is why i decided to buy one. i am so excited for it to come in. FFL dealer has already been contacted and i just need to send the payment and i'm good. cant wait. i only wanyted the 9mm barrel for use at the range, for plinking. it would save me around $50 a box (500 count) FMJ's. i figure after 2-3 boxes thats over $100 saved and the cost of the 9mm barrel.