The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 11, 2000, 03:43 PM   #1
imq707s

I'm getting ready to order a Harris Bipod for my new Ruger Stainless all-weather in 7mm mag. I was looking on the Midwayusa.com site and found two different models of harris bipods that will work. One is model 1A2-L and the other is 1A2-LM. The only difference between the two is that the 1A2-LM has "notch adjustment legs". What does that mean? They are both the same price and both extend from 9 to 13 inches. Could someone pease tell me the difference between the two models. One more thing, I know that I'm going to have to do some custom work in order to get the bipod to fit on my Ruger since it doesn't have a sling stud in the front of the stock. Could someone please give me some advise on how to mount this thing. Thanks.

Old December 11, 2000, 07:26 PM   #2
handgunhunting

for about $19 you can get a universal barel clamp that will let you use the bipod with out the stock being drilled. This will take away some accuracy but not enough to be nitticed in a hunting rig. the notch adjustment legs is a new one on me.
Old December 12, 2000, 11:22 PM   #3
Kernel

Location: Madison, WI.... "78 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
No. 2A Flange Nut

To adapt the Ruger "All Weather" stock Harris recommends their No. 2A Flange Nut. Installation is easy, drill one hole in the stock and epoxy the flange in place. IMO it's a better solution than the No. 4 Universal Adapter which attaches to the barrel, adds weight, looks like sin, and can effect accuracy. -- Kernel