The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 25, 2009, 03:31 PM   #1
gedenke

Armscor 22 cal. bullets....any good?

Did a quick search on this one, not much came up so here goes.

Anybody know if Armscor 22 cal. bullets (not loaded ammo) are any good? They're the cheapest thing @ Midway right now and I was wondering if they'd make decent plinking ammo or should they be avoided?
Old January 27, 2009, 08:08 AM   #2
gedenke

I can hear crickets chirping....

Anybody even heard of them?
Old January 27, 2009, 08:28 AM   #3
bedlamite

Never heard of them. Yep, they're cheap, but they're also out of stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#Armscor__9315__-_
Old January 27, 2009, 04:41 PM   #4
gedenke

True, but then again, almost everything everything is out of stock. I don't want to spend $.12 -.14/ea for "plinking ammo" for a not-so-accurate rifle.
Old January 27, 2009, 05:10 PM   #5
scsov509

Graf's has Armscor bullets at just over $80/k, and remember that their prices include shipping. I've loaded up a few and they're alright if you're looking for a plinking round, but definitely not the most accurate bullet out there. Personally, I think the best bang for your buck with bulk bullets are the Hornady 55 FMJ's. Midway is out right know, but you can almost always find them somewhere for $70-80/k if you shop around. In fact, it looks like T&T has them right now at $70/k which is still less than $80/k shipped. And at that price, I'd definitely prefer Hornady over Armscor.
Old January 27, 2009, 07:38 PM   #6
gedenke

Thanks, scsov, that's good gouge. But of course, with my luck, by the time I put in an order, they'll be out of stock.
Old January 27, 2009, 07:42 PM   #7
rn22723

The best accuracy potential in a 55gr plinker fmj type bullet will be with Hornady bullets. http://www.grafs.com/product/188717. The Armscor are good for blasting ammo.
Old January 27, 2009, 08:32 PM   #8
gedenke

scsov, (or anyone else?) have you ordered through T&T before? Just wondering if they're legit, 'cause I just went to order, and my internet security blocked them for invalid certificate or something (says it's a risk). Plus they have a funky web address. Not getting a good feeling about giving them my cc#.

Last edited by gedenke; January 27, 2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old January 28, 2009, 01:04 AM   #9
scsov509

I've purchased from Tony before with no complaints, and his business is perfectly legit. If you're concerned then you can give him a call before you order. I also checked and it looks like Wideners has the Hornady in stock as well. If you're looking to purchase bulk then their 6k price is exceptional.
Old January 28, 2009, 08:28 PM   #10
gedenke

Think I figured it out. I believe the link you listed is their old website (it was something like 216.15.....blah,blah,blah), here's their new one:

http://www.tntreloading.com/

Put an order in last night for the Hornadys, but the fellow email'd me this afternoon and said they were OOS (imagine that). The Armscor, however, are in for the same price, and he asked if I wanted to substitute. I told him that was ok. I figure "what the heck, I wanted to try the Armscor anyway".