The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 20, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Beentown71

Wideners...

Anyone order there lately? Everything I have ever checked and asked for a notification about has not been in for 3 months, at least. I was wondering if they were an over the counter business also but it appears they are not.

I really like what they offer but to have nothing available, ever? Just seemed strange. It is not like I am missing some when it comes in...never a notification.

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old March 20, 2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Dan Newberry

I think this latest run on everything really caught companies like Wideners off guard... they are a bit old school as far as how they handle orders. They got close to a month behind on shipping, but I think they're getting caught up a little bit now.

I've ordered some stuff from them online, with no problems. I waited nearly 3 weeks for the last order of bullets to come in, but they did come in... And for those who live close to Johnson City, TN (where they're located), they'll let you come in and do pick up orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays...

But as for an actual store front, they don't do that anymore (they did in the past).

Dan
Old March 20, 2013, 09:20 PM   #3
hodaka

A month or so ago I was notified of some Tula .223 primers. I promptly ordered 5000 and they arrived in a couple of weeks. I have several other notifiers with them as well as with Natchez but this is the only order I have received.
Old March 20, 2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Beentown71

I have received a bunch of items from Natchez's. Not one notification from Wideners.

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old March 20, 2013, 10:32 PM   #5
GTOne

A couple weeks back I got a notification at 2 am for Russian small magnum rifle primers from Widener's. I happened to be awake and ordered a couple 5k packs. I got them a week later. They were gone from the site in an hour or so.

Same story any place online, sometimes things sell out within minutes. Some don't bother sending out the notifications if backordering takes up the fresh stock.
Old March 20, 2013, 10:58 PM   #6
nglayton

Order Pending

I placed an order with Wideners on 3/11/13. They charged my card on 3/14/13. The web site still shows my order as Received, Processing. So I guess we will see pretty quickly. I'm hoping to see it shipped soon since they already hit my card for the money.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:07 PM   #7
chiefr

So many of us are accustomed to ordering via internet from large retailers.
With the current "Panic" It IMHO that you use the internet just to see if something is in stock first then call and ask how long it will be before the item will ship.
I called Midway last week for an item they had in stock and it shipped the next day. Same with Sportsmans Guide.
Some others retailers state on their website how long it will take to ship which is appreciated. I cancelled an order from one retailer when they told me it would be 3 weeks before it shipped.
I would call Wideners CS and ask whats going on. I have always had good service from them.