The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old May 25, 2002, 09:27 PM   #1
EQUALIZER

Dear Rich, Where Is My Subscription?!

I subscribed to Gun Games Mag just before they went belly up and got the opportunity to find out what SWAT Mag was all about. I received a contract stating that GG was now defunct and SWAT was taking over the completion of my two year subscription. I agreed to the terms and NOW, I receive a letter and an unsolicited issue of some cowboy gun rag stating that my subscription was now with them and if I didn't like it, they would "donate" my $ to someone of their choice that couldn't afford it. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WHO DOES THAT EDITOR THINK HE IS STEALING MY $ AND USING IT IN A WAY THAT I NEVER AGREED TO - SOME LOUSY POLITICIAN?!!! This is robbery and nothing less.

Since SWAT, is the mag that took over the contract with Gun Games and I agreed that my payment would be applied to the same terms and conditions as Gun Games, ie. two full years, and NOT to Cowpatty Trap Shoot, (or whatever they call themselves), you probably know the one unless my experience was one of a kind. I wish my two year subscription to resume to SWAT for the two years that I'm owed. I have not received this month's issue of SWAT and it "appears" like Cowpatty, to put it politely, took the place of my subscription with TFL's mag.

I am asking you Rich to correct this mistake. I am not blaming you, Rich, as I don't know who is responsible for this subscription foul up. Nor does it matter to me. I am angry at the one who presumed that they could use my money any way that THEY wish, without my consent, or just keep it if I didn't want their rag. I just want this correction to be made in a timely manner and no loss of issues. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Sincerely,

eq
EQUALIZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2002, 10:10 PM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

You should try contacting SWAT's subscriptions people.
Rich is gone Hog hunting in the wilds of Texas and wont be back for awhile.
Old May 26, 2002, 07:29 AM   #3
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Equalizer-

The number for subscriptions is (800) 673-4595. I would also contact the other magazine and let them know you do not want their subscription. Their number should be toward the front of the magazine, normally on the same page the publisher, editor and staff is listed on.

Please let us know if you can't get this resolved.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2002, 08:52 AM   #4
Bud Helms

Dat wud peeez me off reeel good.
Bud Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2002, 10:09 AM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Equalizer-
I was, in fact, thinning the TX hog population...got a monster, too!

I don't doubt what you state, but I assure you, we had nothing to do with it. S.W.A.T. does not share it's subscriber lists...EVER. The deal with GunGames was simple...we agreed to replace all unfulfilled covers of GG with issues of S.W.A.T. at our cost. If their sub list is now in someone else's hands, it was not through our doing.

I suspect that you're still on the S.W.A.T. list, but a third magazine obtained your name from GG....this is the first such instance I've heard and I want to get to the bottom of it. However, be aware that S.W.A.T. is not published monthly...it comes out 9 times per year. The July issue is shipping now.

Please email me and I'll investigate and post the results here. Include your name and mailing addy, in addition to the Cowboy mag that you received the notice from.
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2002, 07:35 PM   #6
EQUALIZER

Thanks guys!

I thought that it would be appropriate to give the subscription dept. another chance to make it right before asking Rich. I understand that people get sick and go on vacations in subscription depts. That computers go down, but after contacting them numerous times and getting nowhere, I asked for Rich's help. Rich is a man of his word. He's offered his help and I believe that he will.

Have a good weekend,

eq
EQUALIZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2002, 07:53 AM   #7
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Thanks for the email. According to what we have of the records from GunGames, you had 9 issues remaining. (6X per year(?) X2 -Received(?))

This look about right?

In any case you are active on the S.W.A.T. list thru the third issue of 2003....that's 9. You should be receiving July any day (if you haven't already). As to the other mag, I've no idea how they got your name. But if you'll send me the contact number and, better yet, wording from their notice to you, I'll get to the bottom of it.
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote