The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 13, 2015, 08:38 PM   #26
darkgael

ballistics

SSDave: Thanks for that info. That is with a one inch barrel. Pretty good considering.
I wonder what the difference is with the .22 LR with the 1 1/8th" barrel
The fifty grain WMR ballistics are very much the same as .25 ACP, though it requires a two inch barrel.
Pete
Old March 13, 2015, 11:16 PM   #27
michael t

I have the 22 mag/22lr 1 5/8 Nicely made I'd miss barn standing inside. I would never carry it as a SD weapon or even back up. My 950 Beretta in 25 beats this pistol hands down More rounds, faster shooting, and reloading. If needed
I let people shoot it with the 22 cyl Mag only been shot maybe 4 times.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:43 PM   #28
Deja vu

I have a 22 short that I really like.

I have chronographed many of the "hotter" 22 shorts out of it. The very best is the Agula eley primed high velocity 22 shorts. It is a 29 grain bullet doing just under 800 FPS. The Remington is the next best speed wise and does about 730 FPS. The Winchester is the worst of the high velocity loads in my particular gun.

I dont know why the Agula is so much faster than the other brands I suspect it has to do with the Eley primer, it also smells kind of like soap burning to me.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Last edited by Deja vu; March 13, 2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old March 14, 2015, 12:15 AM   #29
NavyVet1959

The NAA .22s are what might be considered a "deep concealment" firearm. They are small enough that even if someone is knowledgeable about concealed weapons, there's a good chance that they will not be able to tell you are carrying. From a ballistics standpoint though, they are best considered as a long range ice pick. Poke a cylinder worth of holes in someone and run the other way, hoping that it either slows them down or they bleed out before they catch you. If you are going to be some place where they frown on concealed carry, they are better than nothing.
When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959
Old March 15, 2015, 12:53 AM   #30
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
They are neat little guns - very well made. But as I posted in the other thread, I can't hit much of anything with them over 10' away.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...point+revolver

This was my solution for testing accuracy. I could hit a IDPA humanoid silhouette 3 out of 5 times at 50 yards...which I thought was pretty good for the one and only day of testing I did.
Old March 15, 2015, 10:32 AM   #31
Armybrat

That's excellent shootin' with the little Minis, but I can't see much of anything over 10' away. Getting old sucks.

Tags
.22 magnum , derringer , naa