The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 20, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1
andrewstorm

nut job converts r o a,s

gunbroker guy emfaticly proclaims the two 5 1/2 in r o a ,s for auction are now cartidge guns and must besent to a ffl and not able to be shipped otherwise,why do people do these things it ruins the collector value of the roa:barf: id of paid as much as 600.00 for the ss 5 1/2 roa
Old October 20, 2010, 08:38 PM   #2
ClemBert

You mean this ROA? I'm kinda thinkin' that he probably didn't convert this himself. Probably took it in from someone else. It is sad that the cap-n-ball cylinder apparently has gone missing. It would have been much better to sell it as a cap-n-ball revolver and sell the conversion cylinder separately.

Last edited by ClemBert; October 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old October 20, 2010, 09:57 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

It's a drop-in cylinder conversion. Unfortunately, the original cylinder is not included, otherwise it would be a good one to jump on.
Old October 20, 2010, 11:33 PM   #4
the rifleer

Im pretty sure you can just buy the regular cylinder. I actually want a conversion cylinder, but they aren't cheap. Considering the price and the inconvenience in which they must be loaded, id rather just buy a new revolver.
Old October 21, 2010, 01:23 AM   #5
andrewstorm

that r o a !!!

yep clem ,that one and another ss model,both butchered and banished to the land of the bound book,i can hardly stand to see them that way,they may never make these again ,best bp revolver in history and rarer still the 5 1/2 bbl,and trying to turn them by decree, into modern conventional ammo shooting FIREARMS!!!!!! e gad and rifeleer,no you cant just buy the cylinder,ruger wants you to factory fit all their cylinders,to get one you must send the gun and 185.00,6 week turnaround, while they still have parts available

Last edited by andrewstorm; October 21, 2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old October 21, 2010, 07:43 AM   #6
robhof

robhof

Don't Know if Classicballistix is still in business, but I bought a couple of their cylinders awhile back and they fit and fire just fine, they did send a disclaimer that some fitting maybe required. I've talked to many others who have these cylinders and they all just put them on and went shooting. Their's don't have the Ruger warning and are about 5gr deeper.