Closed Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Drizzt

New Blog Tests Factual Foundations of Opposition to Gun Control

New Blog Tests Factual Foundations of Opposition to Gun Control

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/New-Bl....html?x=0&.v=1

Know your enemies....

Copyright
"That a free citizen should have to go before a committee, hat in hand, and pray for permission to bear arms - fantastic! Arm your daughter, sir, and pay no attention to petty bureaucrats." Robert Heinlein - Red Planet
Old May 1, 2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Hm. For a retired professor of criminology, who claims to be testing the factual underpinnings of the pro-2A arguments, he seems remarkably uninterested in citing to any sort of authority. (Read: I couldn't find a single in the whole blog.) For example, in "More Guns, Less Crime," the author claims that "[a] National Rifle Association document issued in 2010, ironically, provides data to undermine its champion scientist’s claim[,]" but makes no mention of what that document is, or where it can be found. If I were an anti, I'd be dying to know where to find that document. If you're going to go about the business of debunking the pro-2A arguments, shouldn't you cite some studies, some Federalist papers, something?

This blogger also claims to be the author of a "documentary novel." Isn't that an oxymoron?
Old May 1, 2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Nitesites

Why is it when Gun Control advocates argue against our RKBA, they attempt to enforce the ideal that it was only penned to secure armed militias or a standing army BUT all other Amendments are recognized as individual's rights?
Old May 1, 2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Lacking specific evidence of a legislative intent to endow the Second Amendment with the right of the individual to keep arms for self defense, nearly all of [Supreme Court Justice Scaila] sixty- four page opinion mixes linguistic analysis with circumstantial evidence, from which he finds it “clear” that bearing arms is an individual right.
I wouldn't even bother debating this guy.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:01 AM   #5
Spats McGee
Staff

I wouldn't ordinarily bother debating him, and don't plan on it, but I think it bears taking a look at his blog. He's the kind of anti that's credible enough, and well-spoken enough to actually be dangerous. GoTimothy, referenced in another thead, is an obvious loon. This guy's not obvious.
Old May 1, 2011, 01:54 PM   #6
Glenn E. Meyer

Again, this is a copyright problem and drive-by.

Closed.