The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 2, 2016, 08:50 PM   #1
twhidd

High Standard Derringer

This little piece is for sale in the gun store I work at. We have it priced at $99 as-is. It obviously needs some parts. The side plate and grips are missing as well as a couple of other things. I've checked the usual online parts houses like Numrich, but most parts show out of stock. I was thinking about takings it home as a project gun if I could find some parts. Any ideas about where some parts might be available?
Old February 2, 2016, 09:23 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I suggest you check GPC (Numrich) and buy any parts they may have, especially the sideplate if they have it. Then you might be able to find the other parts if and when you can. Or just break it up and sell the parts that you have.

Jim
Old February 2, 2016, 10:36 PM   #3
gyvel

What I would do is compare your gun with the Numrich schematic and see just exactly what parts you do have. It almost looks to me like all the internals are there with the possible exception of #15, the hammer pivot sleeve, and a couple of sideplate screws.

If that's the case, the sideplate is basically a piece of sheet aluminum that you can easily fabricate; Ditto for the grips, which are also just flat on the inside. If you aren't trying to "restore" this, then you will have a very nice little shooter.

Edit: I see that you are also missing the actuator, which is available from Numrich, and actuator spring, which is out of stock, but can be easily made.
SIFE