The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 26, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1
Starting_Out

Sling and mounts?>

I have an LWRC M6A5 that I would like to put a 2 point sling on. I am new to ar15s and am not sure which sling to select and how to mount it. Does anyone have a sling they recommend? I have read decent things about Vicker slings.

And a side note to this question is how do you intall the sling mounts on an LWRC? I know this is a ridiculous question but I cannot find answers online. I believe I can install rail panels on the front to put a mount on, but don't know about the rear.
Old July 2, 2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Starting_Out

Sorry to bump this but I am still trying to answer both of these questions. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've researched quite a bit but am not sure how to install a sling on an LWRC. Do I have to install rails? I read somewhere that the hole on the stock is designed to have a sling swivel installed, if this is true where do I find that piece?

I never assumed that a 2 point sling would be so complicated to install.
Old July 3, 2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Striker1

Vickers Sling is my choice...and is very popular.

For mounting, does your rifle not have sling swivels?

Looked on their web site but didn't see a M6A5 listed?
Old July 3, 2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Starting_Out

I think it's full name is the M6-SPRA5 though a google image search shows a few good pictures of it labeled M6-A5 (I'm not sure if linking to them is acceptable so I won't). It's a limited release special edition. It does not have any swing mounts that I can find but I am willing to admit I could be overlooking them (though that would be embarrassing). It uses their configurable rails (it only comes with a rail on the top, sides and bottom can be added).

It is figure 2.2.4 on page 10:
http://www.lwrci.com/support/forms/OPERATORS_MANUAL.pdf
Old July 3, 2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Striker1

From the photo it looks as if you have a quick release attachment (small round hole in stock) and would need to use a matching sling swivel (see Brownells). You also have a vertical slot just in front of the butt plate and another horizontal sling slot. The front is not clear what options it may have.

If it was me, I would contact LWRCi, pretty sure they would help you get it set up.
Old July 3, 2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Starting_Out

Thanks, I will try that. I think I have to install a small rail section that has a QD insert on the front. I really appreciate it!