The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 17, 2010, 10:16 PM   #1
speedycat

Primary Arms aimpoint clones?

Looking to get a Primary Arms aimpoint clone. I hear they're pretty tough and waterproof to boot. People say they hold their zero after 1000+ rounds. The most expensive one is $100.

Thoughts? experiences?
Old April 17, 2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Gary L. Griffiths

I just stopped by Primary Arms on Tuesday and bought their Aimpoint M-3 clone with cantilever mount. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I've got it mounted fine. Used a drop of Threadlocker Blue to make sure it doesn't work loose, although with six mounting screws on their mount, I doubt it would have anyway.

Very sharp optics, and I really like having several dot styles to choose from. I tentatively chose the dot-in-circle as offering the quickest CQB, and will probably use the cross hairs or 2-moa dot for target shooting.

Was very well treated, and they answered all my questions completely. I will be buying their clone of the Millett DMS for my second AR.
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)