The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 12, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1376
ryanryan03

I just joined this week.

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing." - Abraham Lincoln
Old January 12, 2013, 11:19 PM   #1377
66Rockford

New Guy From GA.

Hello,
My name is Matthew, I'm new to the forum but not new to guns.
I bought my first gun in 1984 and have been collecting ever since. I love my guns and I am not loyal to any one brand. I have different guns for different reasons. Some for hunting, some for target shooting, some for personal protection, and some are vintage collector pieces. I've searched many gun forums on the net and this is one that I really liked, so I decided to join in.
Old January 13, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1378
LRChops

New member intro

Hi. New guy here to join in and make a positive contribution! I work for a large metropolitan sheriff's department as a Deputy and I am an Oath Keeper! Look forward to participating here on occassion.

Nothing better than good guns, good grub, a good dog, and a fine woman!

I do volunteer work with returning wounded combat warriors assisting in rehab and working with service dogs.

I was recently booted off a firearms forum because the sight moderator did not like me defining the difference between KILLING and Murder. He seemed to think I was sick because I told him I was trained to kill and killing is sometimes necessary, not to be confused with murder. I sent him the link to LT. Colonel David Grossmans website at http://killology.com/ He banend me from the website. I am betting that won't happen here!
Old January 13, 2013, 09:45 AM   #1379

318= C.A.H. Those are my initials. Im from ravenna ohio. 42 yrs old. Have a wife 3 children (ages 21, 17, and 4) yes he was planned. Lol. Anyway, i work for a chemical company. I belong to the USWA local 2L. Here to learn and hopefully one day contribute the knowledge i learn here to someone else that needs it.

-Chris
Old January 13, 2013, 10:18 AM   #1380
tim_pattillo

GM TFL

I am also new here as of yesterday. I am looking for valuable info on a riffle i have and although i have found several postings on simular guns i find nothing on the one that i have. As soon as i can find where to do postings i will let everybody know my questions on this riffle. thank you and look forward to chatting and learning more about firearms.
Old January 13, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1381
skintner

Greetings from WA

Hello
I have been lurking for awhile now, figured this would be a good time to introduce myself.

I am Steve. I am near 60, an 11 year liver cancer survivor and a staunch believer/supporter of 2nd Amendment.

Feeling our rights being threatened.

I will post more later, but right now the Seahawks are playing Atlanta.

steve
Old January 14, 2013, 06:23 PM   #1382
Biner

I've been a member for quite a while, but only recently began to post here, so I figured it was time to say hello.

I'm a tech writer, woodworker, and gun enthusiast with a CCL. Raised around guns all my life, I've always been a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment while recognizing the responsibility that gun ownership entails.

Over the years I've acquired a decent collection of firearms, ranging from my first (a 10-22 that I still shoot) to the latest (an M&P Shield 9mm). I'm partial to the Sig 226 platform for steel pistols, M&P for plastic guns, and S&W for my revolvers. I've got a few rifles in big game calibers, an assortment of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns in hunting and HD configurations, and a few fun plinking rifles including a Windham AR-15. My next big purchase (investment, really) will be getting set up to reload handgun ammo.

Glad to be among like-minded folks here.
Old January 14, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1383
TommyP

Hello. I've been reading this forum for about two years now, and today (while sitting in the doctor's office waiting room) I decided that I was wwaaaaaay overdue for creating an account.

30 years old, retail manager in Houston, TX. I've been hunting and shooting since I was 8 years old, so I'm no stranger to the firearm. My father taught me about guns, and it's something that we shared in common and could always talk about. He passed away in February of last year (lung cancer), and since his passing I've been more interested in guns and sharing this interest with my family and friends.....just as he did with me.

Rifles: I own an AR-15, SKS, Savage .308 Tactical, Mauser chambered in 45-70 GOVT, Savage .300 WSM, Ruger 10-22, and a Remington 30-06 Fieldmaster.
Shotguns: Remington 870 and 1100 in 12 ga, Mossberg Maverick 12 ga, and a Mauser bolt-action 12ga from post-WW2 Germany. One more that I have no idea what it is, and hope to find out with your help.
Pistols: Glock 22, Beretta 92A1, Norinco 1911 .45, Rossi .357 revolver, Ruger Raging Bull .454 Casull, Ruger Mark III.

Last edited by TommyP; January 14, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added my firearm resume :)
Old January 15, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1384
EFMAN2K3

HI All.

I am 50. Live just outside of Tampa. Love my P95 and the range time when I can get it.
Old January 16, 2013, 10:57 AM   #1385
atljatl

Hello all!
I'm new to this forum, but was really pleased to find this (while searching tapatalk)
I'm looking forward to being part of the community. I'm in Atlanta, GA and am a supporter of georgiacarry.org.
Thanks for such a helpful forum.
Jonathan
Old January 16, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1386
LeeinVA

Long time shooter from Fluvanna county VA

Been shooting and hunting all my life and shoot everything from my .76 smooth bore flinter to the AR 15.. There isnt a gun i dont like
Old January 16, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1387
2ndsojourn

First time caller after lurking the past few days.

Unfortunately for me I'm currently living in the fascist state of New Jersey. I moved here temporarily in '83 for work and haven't found my way back to the wild west...PA...yet.

A lot of my guns are somewhat collectible that I inherited from my father and grandfather, but I have a few shotguns and hunting rifles that I've had since I was young. I've shot nearly all of them I enjoy going to the range on occasion.

I've shot competition on the rifle team at a private school I attended many moons ago, and in the military as a grenadier in my squad, and gunner on a mortar squad my issue was a 45 semi-auto which I qualified as expert.

From what I've read so far, there are quite a few knowledgeable guys here that I hope to pick their brains a bit.

See you 'round campus.

Mike
Old January 16, 2013, 08:00 PM   #1388
Cowboyflyer

Sorry I posted before I intruduced myself...
Joined last last week becouse of all the gun debate. Been collecting and shooting for over 25 years. Not reloaded in 10 yrs. Try to get back in it.
Joined to educate myself more.
Old January 16, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1389
loltraktor1918

hi all

New here. Here to learn and discuss firearms and things relating to them. Worried about new proposed legislation at all levels of government. All seems a excessive and unnecessary to me.
Old January 17, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1390
mojo55

Hello

I have been reading Firing Line for a long time and today decided to join up in light of current events coming down from Washington. Stand firm on the 2nd and support those that do. We're in for a long ride.

Note to those attempting to create a public database, I don't own ANY guns. I sold them all at the last guns show.
Old January 17, 2013, 11:16 AM   #1391
Oregonhunter5

New here

Hello
I'm new to this forum.
But not new to pushing back liberals, and supporting gun rights.
Old January 17, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1392
gferrett

I didn't vote for him

Hi I'm George from N. Idaho, good to be here.
ferrett
Old January 18, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1393
Ridgewalker

Another newb here! Greetings to all 2A supporting Americans!

I humbly offering up the following for your viewing pleasure and to make this comment gun related. Personally I prefer Beretta but a Glock will do in a pinch.

I consider the R Lee sighting a bonus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHWTfFV3Vc
Old January 18, 2013, 10:23 AM   #1394
bulldozer1

New member first post . Shooting for hobby many years. Have a small collection mostly semi auto. Some handguns some long guns. From central Virginia.
Old January 18, 2013, 12:27 PM   #1395
nwards

Thought I'd introduce my self with a bold statement. Being a hunter for years and raising future hunters and teaching kids about the sport of hunting I'm not going down without a fight.......=)

Old January 18, 2013, 12:40 PM   #1396
I'vebeenduped

Me

I have been a "responsible" gun owner since well before that phrase was even being considered. Learned to fire as an early teen and went on to join the military. Loved it. I can't wait to teach my sons the pleasures of hunting, fishing, and plinking. I look forward to reading these posts and pray that someone with sense comes up with an idea of how to end this new and useless foray into limiting our rights as American citizens.
Old January 18, 2013, 01:31 PM   #1397
subsonar

Hey guys. I'm new to TFL. I am a former US Navy Submariner. I also spent a lot of time teaching a CQB and special weapons class after 9/11. Figured I'd join a group that share my passions. Especially since there seems to be a lot of anger surrounding firearms owners nowadays...coming mostly from the under-educated and misinformed public and fed by the left biased media.

Look forward to lots of good conversation and input.
US NAVY SUBMARINE VETERAN
Old January 19, 2013, 02:05 AM   #1398
LogicMan

Hello all, just joined up a few days ago. Preparing to join the NRA over the next day or so.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1399
USMC EOD

Hello,

A couple of years ago I retired from the Marine Corps after serving 24+ years. Guns and shooting has been a passion of mine for a long time, but I have never really had a chance to develop this interest because in my career, I was always moving, deploying, etc.

Now that I am not doing the military thing any more, I have bought my house, never to move again (I plan to stay here until they take me out feet first). I will also finally partake in the interests that I have put off for so long like collecting guns, shooting them, reloading, and such.

I found this forum by accident, and it is good to be around like minded individuals. I enjoy every aspect of guns and shooting from muzzle loading to ARs. I have a special interest in old military type rifles (Mosins, Garands, Mausers, Enfields, etc.).

Semper fi,

Brian
Old January 19, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1400
railriderstv

hello from Bristol,tn.

Hello everyone,
I'm railrider steve
Were do u discuss blk.pwdr. cannons at on the forum?....
I just rebuilt one and have ?'s to..please,thank u....
Have some neat idea's.......GO ARMY!.......

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent