The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 9, 2007, 12:06 PM   #1
ARRRR-15

Any interest in a Charles Daly to Moss. Stock Adapter?

I've been working on a project to make an adapter to convert your Charles Daly to accept Mossberg stocks. I figured this would be a good site to get any input. Here's are some photos of what I have so far. I'm still waiting for there short 22" barrel w/rifle sights to come out

Sorry to make my first post sound like a sales pitch. I just wanted to get some honest feedback.

Last edited by ARRRR-15; May 9, 2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old May 10, 2007, 03:28 PM   #2
omegapd

Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience with any of the Charles Daly shotgun lines. That said, my local gun shop has a used one and it seems to be made pretty well. What do you think of their quality?
John 15:12-13

This is my command: love another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.
Old May 10, 2007, 04:19 PM   #3
ARRRR-15

I think they are of great quality/value. I've had this one for about 4 years and about 1000 rounds through with out any problems. It shots very well, no clay target has a chance. To explain to smooth recoil, I've loaded up 6 rounds, thrown 6 clays in the air with my left hand and shot'em all. I havn't tried this with any other semi's, but it worked using my CD.

Actually, the only problem was when I first got it. I went dove hunting and went to shoot it for the first time. It wasn't cycling, so it turned into a bolt action. Turned out, when I assembled it I forgot a part. I read the instructions(which I should have done in the first place) and got it together correctly. Took it back out the next day and it worked perfectly.