The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 27, 2009, 10:25 AM   #1
mace01

Scope Mount Recommendations for Sportical

Scope Mount Recommendations for Sportical

First post, so be nice! Seriously, I am a total beginner in the AR-15 world so I thought I’d get a rifle for beginners and maybe move up later. The DPMS Sportical flat top seemed like a fit. (Besides, it was one of the very few that I could find.) If toy money and availability were not issues I’d have bought one of the varmint type models. I won’t be going the tactical route, I’m sure. I’m always looking for value and want to save a buck without going cheap which just throws bucks away.

Rifle:
http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id=54

Finally my question - I’ll be putting a scope on this and I’ve got questions regarding the scope mount and especially the proper height. It seems like some rise would be good, but how much. I like the idea of one piece mounts like the one below from RRA, and the price isn’t too bad. I’d appreciate hearing what you guys have to say. I probably will not mount iron sights because they just cost too much for the use they'll see.

Mount: http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=385

By the way, I’m thinking of a scope from the Bushnell 3200 series and would appreciate your thoughts on that, too.

Thanks!

Tags
flat , mount , scope , sportical