The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old December 2, 2011, 09:49 AM   #1
NHagar

Sears Roebuck 22 Value?

Ok so I was looking through some old antique stores and saw an old Sear roebuck 22. Model number is 101.2830 which if I found the correct info it is a Savage Model 73. Please correct if I am wrong. My question Is there any value in the old 22? I know Sears used many different manufacture's and put their name on the guns. Some are worth a lot others not. Is this one that may have some value? Their is no Rust or pitting in the metal. wood is colored but not scratched up.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:26 AM   #2
carguychris

In my experience, most Sears firearms made by Marlin, Savage, Stevens, and Hi Standard are worth about the same as comparable models offered by the original manufacturers through other outlets. In the case of Savage .22s, their value is generally not very high, typically under $250. [Edited from $150, fat finger mistake. ]

FWIW the Sears guns that generate the most collector interest in their own right seem to be the Winchesters and Belgian-made FN Mausers.

Last edited by carguychris; December 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old December 17, 2011, 11:09 AM   #3
hockea

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=261383449

Sold for $39.00