The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 27, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1
savagelover

Looking for saft cast bullets 4 the 45-70

I suppose some of you that have been following some of my post know that I no longer cast my own bullets,so I am searching for a place to but them...Most of the places have what they call a bevel base style..

My thought's are that gas will cut up along side of this style bullet...Maybe not..Anyone here use a bevel base?

And another thing I have noticed is that the cost of shipping is out of sight in some places as well...I think they are making money on this to.If so they are being crocks and who wants to deal with a crock in the first place...

Another thing is the bullet hardness on some I think way to high for black powder loads..

So what I am asking is------does anyone know of a good place to order bullets from without breaking the bank,so to say..I would really appreciate hearing from you on this..John
Old January 28, 2012, 04:07 PM   #2
savagelover

Found some......lol
Old January 28, 2012, 04:16 PM   #3
GroovyMike

Glad you found some. I was going to say that I could cast some for you or recommend looking at castboolits.com