The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 16, 2012, 11:21 AM   #26
Andy Griffith

We need more responsible hunters in the woods, and more responsible firearm enthusiasts no matter what they are carrying or shooting.

I always thought it was not in good taste to disparage a feller's shoot'n iron, even if I didn't like it. I'm not going to talk bad about a feller's car, wife, dog, home or shoot'n iron. Now, if the kids are hooligans, or so ugly a dog won't play with them with a pork chop hung about each their necks, I'm going to call him out.

Last edited by Andy Griffith; April 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old April 16, 2012, 11:43 AM   #27
TX Hunter

Rifleman 1776

Im sorry me and my Modern Muzzle Loader Is so offensive to you. I would gladly own a Flintlock Smoothbore too. I doubt i would fire it at a Deer though, but still I would own one. The Archers are not using the same equipment the Native Americans use I wonder if there is anyone that resents them too ? Anyhow thanks for being civil eneough to not insult or degrade me or my equipment i appreciate that. Rick
Old April 16, 2012, 12:54 PM   #28
Pahoo

Your point is well taken !!

Quote:
The Archers are not using the same equipment the Native Americans use I wonder if there is anyone that resents them too ?
Oh yes, and have to admit that I might have been one of them. The modern compound bow, with all it's pulleys and wires and other stuff, was a bowman's dream come true, until we actually saw one. ....
I didn't or would not follow that crowd and stuck to my Mongolian recurve, until I quit hunting with one. However, I can't really say I resented or hated them; just not my cup of tea and that's the way of it ....

Now I watch one of our kids with one and what he can do with it and it's pretty amazing.
He puts at least two deer, in the freezer with one. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old April 16, 2012, 01:51 PM   #29
Strafer Gott

It's still a pretty piece.

I'm almost motivated to cop one my own self. If your rammin', I'm good with that. Anybody get's that accuracy, that's fine shooting. Congratulations.
Old April 16, 2012, 02:16 PM   #30
TX Hunter

Thanks Strafer

I apreciate it. Its definately a good shooting rifle. Im still trying to buy the Lyman and my friends still thinking about it. Then I will have a Traditional and a Modern. Anyhow i do like Muzzle Loaders and the interesting People that use them.
Old April 16, 2012, 05:59 PM   #31
deerslayer303

Well when I bought my shrink wrapped inline from walmart for a grand total of 65 bucks, that is what started my curiosity in this whole thing. So the inline simply opened the door to the traditionals I have. I'll be perfectly honest. I would much rather launch roundballs down range than anything else these days. With that said, I have been hunting a very long time and have taken more deer than I can remember. For me I wanted a challenge. Now don't get me wrong I still get excited when I see and take them. But this season I will use nothing but a front stuffer. And when I take a deer with a round ball, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL ME NOTHING . Will I use the scoped inline? Sure but I don't think I will carry it as much as the two sidelocks. So be kind to a new inliner, it JUST MAY BE HIS GATEWAY DRUG
Old April 16, 2012, 07:11 PM   #32
TX Hunter

deerslayer

Thanks, I am trying to get the Traditional Muzzie, its here in my house. No I didnt steal it. My Buddy Dropped it off here, a long time ago I hunted with it, tried to give it back he said hold on to it. I offered to buy it he said he would think about it, He is still thinking. I bought his Lowboy Trailer though, I figure it will be a matter of time, he will call and give me a price on the Muzzie. he acted the same way with the trailer, which I got at a very good price, soon as I paid for the trailer he reached in the glove box and gave me the registration papers for it. Strange friend, but good friend.
Anyhow, thanks again, and Im gonna try to get my Deer this coming year with my Shrink Wrap Gun.