The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 16, 2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Ozzieman

HK MP5 Clone needs help

I picked up a new toy at the Indy gun show this weekend. It's a Clone MP5 made by BOBCAT out of Arizona. It’s used and in good shape and had a LOT of additional parts.
It came with 3 different stocks, 3 different forgrips, different sights and other stuff.
I didn’t see it until I got home, but I also found a small bag in one of the pouches in the gun case it came with. It was marked HK and it is the following.
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-Ge...ssor-6p918.htm

It said it was a HK German MP5K/PDW Or SP-89 This is the locking piece that is used when using a suppressor. Factory Recommended 80 degree locking piece.
The gun that I have has the long barrel with the shroud that looks like a suppressor, anyone know what other use this piece might be used for.
Any help from the HK experts would be appreciated.
Old January 16, 2011, 06:31 PM   #2
MisterPX

That engages the rollers, and controlls the delay of cycling. Due to teh increased backpressure of a suppressor, it would allow the bolt to unlock with less stress tahn a regular peice.

If you don't have a suppressor, you don't really need it.

ETA: Do you have an HK94 clone, or the SP89 one?
Is it a #28 peice in teh bag, or just looks like that?
Old January 16, 2011, 07:34 PM   #3
Ozzieman

No I don’t have a compressor just a fake one that is permanently mounted on the gun.
I am just surprised that the man that sold it to me (a gun shop owner) would have one with the gun since the thing cost 150$.
I know I have a lot to learn about the gun and thanks for the info.
You have been a big help.
Old January 16, 2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Ozzieman

It’s a clone with the following marking.
Attached is a photo of the part.
BOBCAT WEAPONS INC, MESA AZ BM-5 9MM

I went back and looked at the piece and compared it to the part on shown in the web address, now I see what you mean by the #28. No it does not have the number 28 on it but it looks the same.

Last edited by Ozzieman; October 1, 2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old January 16, 2011, 09:04 PM   #5
MisterPX

If it's not a 28, that's good. SPare parts for your gun. It's probably in teh case, becasue it was considered a spare part for your rifle. This is a good sign, as it shows the previous owner may have upgraded other parts to real HK parts. (BW5's were notorious for bad extractor springs, and a lot of clone owners often fixed other issues by installing HK bolt parts.)

ETA:
Just hit me that teh real HK part may already be installed in your gun, and that the one in the bag is the take off bobcat peice.