The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 3, 2002, 11:05 AM   #1
5ptdeerhunter

What was it?

I went to see this guys guns collection last weekend, and he used to be a gun dealer so he has a collection.

He was this one handgun in .30 carbine. It has a wood stock around every part of the gun except around the end of the barrel.
I think it had a ten round mag.

I am saying all this from my memory so I might be a little off.

I want to know who makes it.
Year made?
And any other information anyone can find.

Sorry my e-mail doesn't work.
E-mail me at:
[email protected]
Old July 3, 2002, 11:11 AM   #2
leadbutt

5pt,it may be one of Iver Johnson's Enforcer carbine pistols,it was just the M1 carbine with a short bbl and a type of pistol stock installed,they came with either a 5 round or 10 round mag.
Old July 3, 2002, 10:16 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

The "Enforcer" were made in 1985-1986 by IJ (or at least one of a series of companies using the name). It was reintroduced in 1988 by American Military Arms Corp, which bought the IJ name, and discontinued in 1993, when AMAC folded. There was also a "Super Enforcer", but I am not sure what the difference was.

Going by the Blue Book, the Enforcer brings $325 NIB, and the Super Enforcer about $40 less. In average condition, they both run around $200.

I don't have a lot of experience with them, but enough to say that with that short barrel, they have a vicious crack and fair recoil. They are made, of course, for two hand use. I think they would now be classed as assault pistols and could not be made.

Jim
Old July 4, 2002, 02:54 AM   #4
Jim V

There were some M2 versions, that had to have been a real handful. I know of a Michigan State Trooper that carried one on duty (back when the MSP was not trying to become JBT and respected the citizens) and had to use it when attacked on atraffic stop. Nobody knows where the second 15 rounds out of a 30 round magazine went but at least part of the first 15 rounds stitched the BG up the middle.