The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 24, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
shooter43

Tink's scent bomb use

I just bought a bottle of Tink's boar urine and the scent bombs to go with it. I've heard from friends that they work very well but i've never used them. I'd like to know anybody's experience using them and where to set them up and how to use them. Thanks.
Old November 26, 2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Cowboy_mo

Only had 1 experience but.........

I hope their hog lure works better than their Buck Lure....

I put some out this year for the first time. Haven't seen a buck or doe all season.
Old November 26, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3
12GaugeShuggoth

No experience with the hog/boar bombs. I tried the buck bombs very briefly for fun, to me they are just too strong. Even using just a little tiny spray from the can seems to completely overwhelm an area with the scent. The regular liquid or gel Tink's #69 never seemed so overpowering. Might just be me, YMMV. I very rarely use any of the store-bought scents/lures, but do sometimes make use of tarsal glands from the deer we kill.

Either way, good luck with your hog hunt.

---Enlightenment is the ability to take infinite pains---
MOLON LABE
Old November 26, 2012, 09:02 PM   #4
jimbob86

Quote:
No experience with the hog/boar bombs. I tried the buck bombs very briefly for fun, to me they are just too strong.
My experience with scent is similar: a little is good. A lot is worse than none.

The only time I know for a fact that using scent worked was in a late season (antlerless) hunt, I had no cover scent left, so I put some doe pee on my boots for the walk in...... I had a button buck come in on my back trail, nose to the ground.... poor guy looked up at the muzzle of my rifle kinda puzzled.....

Every time I have put out scent wicks and the whole nine yards, I have not seen anything.......
Old November 26, 2012, 09:08 PM   #5
Double Naught Spy

I checked a bunch of web sites that sell it and there are no reviews. I am afraid you have wasted your money. It is supposed to attract boars who want to defend their territory (which would be 1 boar) and supposed to attract females. I am certainly not sure about attracting females since it would seem to be the boars that are attracted to the females and not the other way around.
Old November 27, 2012, 07:46 AM   #6
thallub

Quote:
I am afraid you have wasted your money.
What Double Naught Spy said.
Old November 27, 2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Saltydog235

Never had a bit of success when I used scents be it deer hunting or pig killing. You want to attract hogs, put out fermenting old food and sour corn, they all come to it.
Old November 28, 2012, 11:00 PM   #8
bamaranger

quit

I gave up on scents of all types quite a few years back. Darn stuff got on everything.

Plus, Didn't make much sense to approach and hunt a set up with the wind in my favor, then count on a scent lure to draw deer from downwind.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:36 PM   #9
i50sx

Seemed to work for bucks , I put it out each time I hunted about 60 yds away. Buck sign appeared pretty heavy after a day or two. He was in area already but it seemed to work. I harvested him later that year ,same area
I dunno u no