The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 9, 2005, 02:06 PM   #1
USP45usp

Going crazy or ? (merged threads)

The colors have seemed to have changed, as well as the posting box, as well as the quick reply thing, was it there yesterday?

Somethings changed or I am the most unobservant person in history .

Wayne
Old October 9, 2005, 03:33 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Software upgrade. Take a look at the bottom of the page. It now reads, "Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0" We were using a 3.0.x version before.
Old October 9, 2005, 03:58 PM   #3
USP45usp

Okay, just noticed a change, wasn't sure what it was or if in my drunken (usual ) state, I didn't see the change before.

Wayne
Old October 9, 2005, 10:21 PM   #4
jrklaus

To Staff: Something isn't right?

I've just noticed that you have moved to version 3.5 of vBulletin (courtesy someone else mentioning it--I'm not so tech-savvy as to have noticed it myself). Anyway, when replying to some posts I now am not able to use the Smilies, even though they are listed as "On," and none of the other tools in the message box bar seem to be working either. Am I doing something wrong, or is there some "magic button" I need to push? Thanks!
Old October 10, 2005, 12:33 AM   #5
wayneinFL

Is this why the smilies and tools in the toolbar don't work? And I keep getting logged out, given an invalid thread message when I try to post, only to find out the post has made it onto the thread?

Old October 10, 2005, 01:49 AM   #6
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Try refreshing your browser (ctrl-F5 for you IE users). Or flushing your cookies (to get your logon to stick - and make sure you have checked the "Remember Me" box). That seems to have helped others... But not me. I can't get smileys to work. (but I have them memorized! )

Merged Threads.