The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 24, 2007, 07:11 AM   #1
king.460

Illinois Hunters

How goes it so far? I hear the movement is picking up a little now. This will be the first year in a long time I haven't bow hunted in Illy but will be up for the firearms seasons in November and December with my handgun. I'm hearing bad reports on the disease taking it's toll in Pike and other western counties.

Updates appreciated.
Old October 24, 2007, 04:07 PM   #2
john1911

Real slow for me. Hunted this past weekend and didn't see a thing (well, except for squirrels, tons and tons of squirrels). Been real hot lately, starting to cool down now.

The Blue tounge is hitting pretty hard in some areas. My dad has found a couple dead deer while bush hogging some fields, assume it's Blue tounge.

What part of the state do you hunt?
Old October 24, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3
zahnzieh

Hey guys, I have been out bow-hunting and have had several does under my stand - Ive just been too lazy to pop one of them in these warmer temps! I'm also also all set for shotgun season, and I hunt Ogle co. for that. I am concerned with the early corn harvest -these guys are chisel-plowing everything under two days after they take the corn. It could mean starving deer come February! Anyway good luck in Illy guys!
Old October 25, 2007, 06:30 AM   #4
king.460

I hunt in Pike Co., around Rockport and New Canton. Beautiful country, great hunting and wish I was there right now. Looking forward to a good handgun hunt there in a few weeks.