The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old June 14, 2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Incitatus

A Thriving Palestinian Business (video)

Flag store in Gaza.

From a German TV network, worth watching for a good laugh.
Old June 15, 2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Shadi Khalil

Wow!

That was really funny........:barf:

Thanks for driving by!!!
Old June 16, 2008, 05:52 AM   #3
SteelCore

How dare they not love our god...er, flag! Don't they know that we're always the good guys?

Why, I'm so patriotic that if I just happened to be born in a Palestinian refugee camp and grew up in constant fear of Israel shells hitting my house, I'd still love the US!

How can they not love our flag more than their own children? I mean, it's not like those people are human beings or anything! They should consider it an honor to lose their lives and those of their children to the US-funded Israeli war machine. They should be thankful every time soldiers of the Chosen People insult them, spit on them, beat them, or shoot them at checkpoints!

Take this for example:

Quote:
Yishai-Karin, in an interview with Haaretz, described how her research came out of her own experience as a soldier at an army base in Rafah in the Gaza Strip. She interviewed 18 ordinary soldiers and three officers whom she had served with in Gaza. The soldiers described how the violence was encouraged by some commanders. One soldier recalled: 'After two months in Rafah, a [new] commanding officer arrived... So we do a first patrol with him. It's 6am, Rafah is under curfew, there isn't so much as a dog in the streets. Only a little boy of four playing in the sand. He is building a castle in his yard. He [the officer] suddenly starts running and we all run with him. He was from the combat engineers.

'He grabbed the boy. I am a degenerate if I am not telling you the truth. He broke his hand here at the wrist, broke his leg here. And started to stomp on his stomach, three times, and left. We are all there, jaws dropping, looking at him in shock...

'The next day I go out with him on another patrol, and the soldiers are already starting to do the same thing."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/oct/21/israel

See what the Israelis have to put up with? That soldier might have hurt his foot by stomping on that worthless four-year-old Arab boy! The boy's parents should be forced to pay for a shiny new pair of boots for that soldier.

Don't even try to say such acts aren't justified. They were done by Israel, which can do no wrong because the US says so. And they have a right to preemptive defense against these future terrorists.

Remember: There's no such thing as "one moral standard for everyone." The US and Israel decide what is moral and what is not. We decide what is "terror" and what is not. And "terror" is defined as any violence used against us, while "heroic self-defense" is any violence we use against others.
Old June 16, 2008, 06:18 AM   #4
Shadi Khalil

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=297198

Maybe he needs to read this.....