The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 18, 2013, 08:24 PM   #1
JimDandy

AR-15 bipod and Recoil in a Remington 700 BDL in 300 RUM accessories

Looking for a quality Picatinny mount Bipod. Not one that mounts to a Sling Swivel adapter. If there aren't any, there aren't any, and I'll stick with my adapter, but I'd like a QD bipod to move from upper to upper if/when I get a rifle length upper for target shooting.

Also looking for a recoil reduction that doesn't involve hacking on the rifle for a 300 RUM Remington. I realized that after shooting the 5.56 for a while, I started a REALLY bad flinch on the RUM. I'm looking for something like this that just showed up in my mail and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of thing, and had ones that worked for them. After I shoot the RUM again, I'll let y'all know how this PAST shield worked.

Also thinking of changing/replacing the buttpad that could be old and worn out- anyone know what was standard, and what are aftermarket options?

Last edited by JimDandy; February 18, 2013 at 08:29 PM.