The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 23, 2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Ignition Override

CMP price increase on M2 Ball: 12/20/13.

It has gone up about .10/round. Maybe this will reduce some of the M2 Ball 'flipping'.

Last August 31st was my first visit to a CMP store. Thee Anniston staff members told me "We are 5,000 rifle orders behind because of ammo orders".

My wife will understand why I ordered an extra batch last spring, but as for the second SKS, three weeks ago...she understands only because or her collection of authentic Meissen figurines.
Old December 23, 2013, 10:43 AM   #2
kraigwy

I went to midway and priced the cheapest brass, primers, and bullets, plus using 4064 powder.

At CMPs $118 per 200 rounds, you cant reload any cheaper.

I found the Greek ball ammo to be accurate in my M1, M1903a3, and M1917.

All are capable of keeping the Greek ammo in the 3.5 MOA X-10 ring of the targets used in the CMP Games.

It doesn't shoot well in the off hand (standing) position though. Have to work on that.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old December 23, 2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Ozzieman

"We are 5,000 rifle orders behind because of ammo orders".
WOW, my friend ordered one a couple of weeks ago, he’ll be sorry to hear that.
I just wonder how many they have and how much longer they can keep this up?
My wife’s hobby is doll houses. Not barby but the big ones with lights and a set of plates that cost me 200$.
I can get away with guns and all I hear is “OK!”
Yes some of us are lucky. I just wish CMP had cheep 5.56. I don’t consider 145$ for 300 a very good price. Last time I bought green tip is was half that price.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

Last edited by Ozzieman; December 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old December 23, 2013, 03:09 PM   #4
tahunua001

my brother's wife's hobby is $1000+ digital cameras and yet he still has to hide his gun money and my safe has had to house a few of his purchases until he can manage to sneak it into his safe and then about a year later he can take it out and shoot it for the first time and when she demands to know where that came from he can in all honesty tell her that he's had it for a long time

hopefully I can get a rutin', tootin', gun totin', country girl that likes to collect the same thing I do
Old December 26, 2013, 06:04 PM   #5
RampantAndroid

The only problem with the Greek HXP ammo is that it attracts a magnet; bad for me because the range I'm a member at banned any ammo that attracted a magnet. It's an indoor range, and when I want to take friends to plink with my 03A3 or my Garand, I just take them there. They're be wasting ammo at 100 yards
Old December 26, 2013, 07:46 PM   #6
rdmallory

Quote:
Maybe this will reduce some of the M2 Ball 'flipping'
Yea, I noticed it selling on GB for about twice that. I bought mine when it was $90 and included the clips.

Doug
Old December 26, 2013, 09:36 PM   #7
Ignition Override

Ozzieman:
But just remind him that was at the end of August. Things can change a fair bit.

With the slightly higher prices, maybe some reduced demand for ammo will allow CMP staff (this spring) to process more rifles per week, that is, After they catch up on orders from the last three or so months.

But this new price might change nothing that outsiders can measure, regarding orders.