The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 2, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1
straight-shooter

BP got to my wife today

I have to tell you guys.... Me and the wife went out to the range and fired our Uberti Dragoon today. Now my wife has never fired or seen a BP in action before. I let her take the first 6 shots. After the very first shot she had a smile that was ear to ear! After she emptied the cylinder her first words were.... That is Badass !!

I laughed and smiled pretty big myself. God I love to witness anyone have fun like that.
Old August 2, 2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Hawg

I wish my daughter was like that. She'll shoot anything and won't back down from anything but she hates bp. She'll shoot it if that's all there is but she doesn't like it.
Old August 2, 2008, 07:45 PM   #3
simonkenton

My pal Bud and I were out in the yard shooting my T/C Hawken.
My girlfriend pulled up, she was down for a weekend visit.
She said she would like to try a shot.
Patched round ball and 90 grains of ffg.
Shirley is 5 foot 1. She fired the rifle offhand and was knocked right on her ass.
At thirty yards, she hit a 3 inch bullseye!

She got up, dusted herself off, and said she wanted another shot.
What a little bad-ass!
Old August 2, 2008, 07:55 PM   #4
straight-shooter

Ahh, ya gotta love that!

My wife has even surprised me by wanting to shoot .357 magnum rounds instead of 38's out of my revolvers. As for when she shot my Super Redhawk .44 magnum, well now that's another story. She now opts out of that one.
Old August 2, 2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Raider2000

My wife loved my As issue M1911A1 .45 ACP that I built one for her, now she can nearly out shoot me with it but when it comes to shooting any of my C&B revolvers she passes because she doesn't like the cap fragments hitteing her hand, she's yet to try any of my front stuffer rifles but my youngest did today..

40gr. 777 FFFG & PRB she loved it..
Old August 3, 2008, 06:07 AM   #6
FL-Flinter

Quote:
My wife loved my As issue M1911A1 .45 ACP ... C&B revolvers she passes because she doesn't like the cap fragments hitteing her hand ...
Let's see ... boiling hot .45acp in the shirt or wedged between glasses and skull or some little cap fragments on the fingers ... Perhaps your wife hasn't met my Springfield yet - never jams but that brass is coming out and it doesn't care where it throws it as long as it's gone.
Old August 3, 2008, 07:30 AM   #7
Hawg

My daughter loves my .45 ACP 1911 too. She'll shoot bp but doesn't like the smell or getting her hands dirty.
Old August 3, 2008, 07:35 AM   #8
straight-shooter

Quote:
Let's see ... boiling hot .45acp in the shirt or wedged between glasses and skull or some little cap fragments on the fingers ... Perhaps your wife hasn't met my Springfield yet - never jams but that brass is coming out and it doesn't care where it throws it as long as it's gone.
That's funny you mention that because yesterday my wife was shooting the Sig P226 9mm. That gun does not throw the brass far at all but usually to the right. One hot brass went straight up and into her shirt. Thankfully she set the gun down before she done the jiggy dance. Of course you know I didn't even crack a grin.
Old August 3, 2008, 08:44 AM   #9
Raider2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL-Flinter
Let's see ... boiling hot .45acp in the shirt or wedged between glasses and skull or some little cap fragments on the fingers ... Perhaps your wife hasn't met my Springfield yet
Luckily she has not experienced that with mine the 3 times she has shot mine but yes mine has no cares in where the case goes, but that is why I built hers with reliability & accuracy in mind & with widening up the ejection port & extended ejector hers seem to kick the brass out to the right 99% of the time.