The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 15, 2001, 09:15 PM   #1
Rich L

I've had my Bushy Target Match for about 6 mos. and I want to upgrade the sights etc. I've been checking around and have come up with the following possibilities

>Buy a complete sight assy. with 1/2 and 1/4 min. adjustments and install it myself $120.

>Buy the upgrade kit and use some of my existing componets
$60. Smith $20 Bushmaster

>Send the rifle in to good AR15 builder and get a package done, Sights, Trigger, and Float tube $400. Turn-around up to 2 months.

>Change out the front post to a narrower one, these parts I have yet to locate and price out.

>Purchase a Jewell trigger $180 tp $200

I want to keep the rifle DCM legal, and believe with the exception of the float tube that I am up to the installation task.
My question! If anybody has gone the DIY route I sure would appreciate hearing their suggestions. The $400 package is affordable but the turn around time seems to annoy me. Plus I'm always a gamer to try something new. TIA